[SOLVED] Pc Goes through POST, but says no Operating System found

May 14, 2019
so I Have been using my PC for about 3 years now, and it worked perfectly fine. A few days ago I go to turn it on, and it goes through POST, but then I'm stuck on a black screen that says: No Operating system found, and if I remove other Hard drives so there is only one with Windows on it. then it says: Reboot and select proper boot device or inset boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

I tried literally everything I could think of to try fix it:
1: Resitting Ram
2: Clearing CMOS
3: checking Hard Drives on another PC to see if they are corrupted(They worked perfectly fine)
4: Turning on with only CPU, Ram, Motherboard and 1 Hard Drive
5: Resitting everything in the PC(Excluding motherboard)
6: Leaving PC turned out and without power for 24 hours
7: trying to boot from recovery USB
Every single time I did one of the above, I got the same errors.

Video link removed by moderator as it shows a four-letter word -- not allowed on Toms Forums

My Rig:
Case: Sharkoon T9
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
CPU: Intel i5-2500K @ 3300
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3
RAM: G.Skill Value Series 2x4GB
GPU: MSI 1050 TI 4GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
HDD:Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
SSD: OCZ-Vertex3 60GB
SSD: Kingston A400 256GB (OS is on here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Thanks to everyone who posted their replys, and gave me some ideas to try fix it.
I managed to get a clean install because apparently my USB recovery tools wernt working, I had it at 64bit because my processor is 64 bit. but for some reason it worked when I made it have both 32 and 64 on it :)
Drive, that contains OS, doesn't necessary contain bootloader.
Since you have a bunch of drives, bootloader most likely is on some other one.
Without both drives - bootloader drive and OS drive, windows will not boot.

Possible reason for the issue - BIOS battery of your board has expired. BIOS settings have been reset to defaults and boot order is incorrect.

Reconnect all your drives,
Fix boot order in BIOS and everything should be fine.

Unless ... drive containing bootloader or OS has died.

I'll guess that since he can no longer boot, getting screen caps from within Admin/Storage Mngmt might prove...problematic... at a minimum :)

I'd first experiment with Boot Device Priority menu within BIOS, to see which devices show up...

Connect all drives to SATA ports (since we are not sure where Boot LOADR menu was), make sure all show in this menu, then try selecting each one so that it is at the top of the menu ...

If you end up desiring to try a repair or fresh reinstall, you can use a functioning computer to download/create WIndows installation media on USB flash drive (needs to be 8 GB flash drive), and can then set Boot order to boot from that instead...

May 14, 2019
I have connected all my drives and tried to boot, and I get the error that says to remove all drives not containing an operating system, and when I do this, it shows the error on the video ;/

Also, I already tried to boot from USB as a fresh install, but it says that no boot media was found, even when I set it as the one to boot from

Last edited:
Did you check the BIOS drive settings to make sure they did not reset from the settings when Windows was installed. For Win 10 I would guess drive mode was AHCI, and probably secure boot was enabled and legacy boot not enabled. Unless your SATA ports or cable went bad, if the drive was good in another system, then the drive and boot settings in the BIOS can cause the no boot device error.

May 14, 2019
Did you check the BIOS drive settings to make sure they did not reset from the settings when Windows was installed. For Win 10 I would guess drive mode was AHCI, and probably secure boot was enabled and legacy boot not enabled. Unless your SATA ports or cable went bad, if the drive was good in another system, then the drive and boot settings in the BIOS can cause the no boot device error.
I Use IDE mode and no secure boot, with legacy enabled... it all worked perfectly fine until a few days ago ;-;

May 14, 2019
Then connect those drives one by one
(make Disk Management screenshot and connect next drive until you have all the screenshots).
The SATA To USB is for 2.5" drives only, and I only have the one drive with windows on it as a 2.5, the others are 3.5 and the other SSD I have I dont use in the pc

But I will show you the one with my SSD connected

May 14, 2019
Thanks to everyone who posted their replys, and gave me some ideas to try fix it.
I managed to get a clean install because apparently my USB recovery tools wernt working, I had it at 64bit because my processor is 64 bit. but for some reason it worked when I made it have both 32 and 64 on it :)

Solution