[SOLVED] PC goes to a black screen under stress...

alexdude1633

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
What the title says. Everytime I would do something on my computer whether it was video editing/rendering or gaming, my monitors would suddenly go black with no display output, but the leds and fans in my computer still stay on. The power button wouldn't work either, so I had to flip the PSU switch. It only started happening after I was forced to reinstall Windows 10 because of another issue.

I have tried:
  • Running MemTest64 for about an hour (Award BIOS won't let me do MemTest86), no errors found
  • Reinstalling drivers
  • Reseating my cooler
  • Underclocking CPU

Some other things:
  • I always keep an eye on my temps and they're always normal. I tried using the cold air outside at midnight to put my pc even cooler, with no luck.
  • Another person on another forum said to unplug my system and hold the power buttons to drain my capacitors. It seemed to make everything work a little better and longer, but still crashes.
  • My keyboard and mouse turn off when the crash does occur.
  • I also checked my PSU, works completely fine. The fan still runs, so I think it's okay.

Specs:
AMD FX-8350
GA-78LMT-USB3 (Yes i know it's terrible)
16GB DDR3 HyperX Fury
Saphirre RX 580
Deepcool DA700 700W

Solution
Have you tested with the onboard gpu? Means taking the RX 580 out and use motherboards output.

That the fan spins says nothing about how well the psu works. Not saying in this case it is the problem, might well be a motherboard issue.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tested with the onboard gpu? Means taking the RX 580 out and use motherboards output.

That the fan spins says nothing about how well the psu works. Not saying in this case it is the problem, might well be a motherboard issue.

Solution