[SOLVED] PC goes to bios everytime when restarting

CaptAlvez

Commendable
Oct 9, 2020
Hi everyone,
Recently I have been having a weird one.
(I don't know exactly when I started to have this issue but I think it was after installing some new windows 10 updates ... or new drivers?.. I don't remember :( )

Basically when I restart my computer it goes to BIOS everytime and keeps going to BIOS forever, I can't boot into windows after restarting. Only if I turn off the computer and start it again I'm able to boot into Windows.

Any clue of what might be causing this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
some information of your PC would be helpful, we don't know what you have :)
How many hard drives do you have?

its not a driver.
if it was a driver, startups would be the problem, not restarts.
Do you have fast startup on? If you don't know answer, it means you do. That explains why the startups work, but resets don't... sort of.
your PC is fine once its on.

A PC with fast startup on isn't actually off at shutdown, its in a hybrid hibernate state where its saved all the program info and drivers that were running at time onto boot drive, so when you turn it on, its just waking up. and doesn't have to load all the devices from scratch.
A restart is the only time a PC with fast startup on, is actually Off.

So your PC doesn't like...

Colif

Win 11 Master

its not a driver.
Do you have fast startup on? If you don't know answer, it means you do. That explains why the startups work, but resets don't... sort of.

A PC with fast startup on isn't actually off at shutdown, its in a hybrid hibernate state where its saved all the program info and drivers that were running at time onto boot drive, so when you turn it on, its just waking up. and doesn't have to load all the devices from scratch.

So your PC doesn't like being off

Solution

CaptAlvez

Commendable
Oct 9, 2020
And when you are in the Bios, do the date, time and other settings remain correct?
Yes the hour is correct

its not a driver.

So your PC doesn't like being off
Already disabled the fast boot and the problem keeps happening :/

Build specs:
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming x570 - Plus WIFI
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
  • GPU: Gigabyte gforce RTX 2070 Super
  • Drives:
- SSD Kingston KC2000 M2 2280 500GB (Windows drive)
- SSD Kingston SA2000 1TB (Games and media)
- Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB - 3200 MHZ)

Upon some further investigation I've noticed that what causes the PC to restart and keep loop is random blue screens happening out of nowhere and the problem seems related with my SSD because when it goes to the BIOS after the BSOD it doesn't recognize my main SSD (M2 500GB) that is the one that has windows installed.
The weird thing is: If I a force power off and power on manually it recognizes the SSD and starts windows normally. I think this started happening after I've installed a game: Elden Ring. This can be a coincidence because elden ring isn't event installed in this SSD is in the other one :(.

Thank you for your answers