Pc goes to sleep but when i try to wake it up it doesn't show anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCGamer2008

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hi, if I leave my pc running without touching it , it goes to sleep like any other computer would when no being used but then I try to wake it up it doesn't wake up from sleep. When you restart the pc the vga light comes on and nothing shows the pc is running it's just a black screen. However when I turn it off for 10 seconds then back on it works just fine boot up and everything.

I'm just so frustrated by this point I can't find out what it is. Is it bad ram ? Bad operating system (i have windows 10 64 bit), scratched gpu slot.... idk i hope yall can help me.

My specs:

Asus 970 pro gaming aura
Amd fx 8320
Rx 580
Evga 750 watt
Adata ddr3 8gb ram (one stick)

Solution
Not all devices play nice with sleep states or wake properly. Behavior can vary from simply not responding to wake up (black screen) to DPC Watchdog Violation bluescreens of death, to other problems. The issue you describe could also be a BIOS setting, or a setting in windows power management.

DisplayPort seems to have more of an issue waking monitors for some reason. DVI seems to do a better job with that. If you are using DisplayPort, can you try a DVI cable if you have one?

Since hibernation is the default, and saves some system states, you may want to disable the hibernation system.

Not all devices play nice with sleep states or wake properly. Behavior can vary from simply not responding to wake up (black screen) to DPC Watchdog Violation bluescreens of death, to other problems. The issue you describe could also be a BIOS setting, or a setting in windows power management.

DisplayPort seems to have more of an issue waking monitors for some reason. DVI seems to do a better job with that. If you are using DisplayPort, can you try a DVI cable if you have one?

Since hibernation is the default, and saves some system states, you may want to disable the hibernation system.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS