[SOLVED] PC goes to sleep too [soon] no matter what settings

brandontolbert17

Reputable
Mar 15, 2018
I noticed that when I step away even for 10 minutes, my PC goes to sleep, and I have to renter the password each time. I went into the settings and changed both turn display off and put PC to sleep to an hour, but still, a few minutes later, it goes to sleep. (The power light is flashing and the fans are off. When I press the power button everything kicks on and I have to login again). It's really just annoying.

Solution
Hello

Please try right-clicking the Start button and going to Power Options > Additional power settings > Change plan settings (for your current power plan) > Change advanced power settings.

On the Power Options box that opens up, change the Turn off hard disk after and Display settings for both On battery and Plugged in options as needed and see if it helps.

Good Luck!!
Hello

Please try right-clicking the Start button and going to Power Options > Additional power settings > Change plan settings (for your current power plan) > Change advanced power settings.

On the Power Options box that opens up, change the Turn off hard disk after and Display settings for both On battery and Plugged in options as needed and see if it helps.

Good Luck!!

Reactions: brandontolbert17
Solution