Question Pc Going Black Screen And Fans At 100%

Dec 6, 2022
while i'm just watching videos on netflix or playing video games it randomly goes black screen and i'm not able to do anything, i still hear the audio of whats playing in the background but the computer itself is froze up, unless i manually shut it down. I'm not sure on what i can do to fix this issue i have changed out the thermal paste for my chip already but it still seems to be doing it at random.

Please list your FULL hardware specifications including EXACT model numbers for CPU, motherboard, memory kit (Or kits), power supply, CPU cooler model (Or simply "stock cooler") and storage devices. Case model and case fan configuration would be helpful as well.

Dec 6, 2022
Please list your FULL hardware specifications including EXACT model numbers for CPU, motherboard, memory kit (Or kits), power supply, CPU cooler model (Or simply "stock cooler") and storage devices. Case model and case fan configuration would be helpful as well.

My pc specs are
Cpu - AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard- ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Memory - Corsair DDR4 -3596 (1798 MHz) 32 GBytes
Graphic - Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
Power Supply - 750W
Cooler - Stock Cooler
Case- Thermaltake H15 Micro-Tour-Pas d'alimer

I have 1 fan on the back 1 fan on the graphic card i believe thats all >.>"... now that i think about it i might need more fans...

Power Supply - 750W
Do I need to explain the meaning of "exact" or are you able to determine that what you posted does not fit the requested description? LOL.

The specifications decal on the side of your power supply will list the brand, series and model. That is what we need to know.

If you have only a single fan installed, with a Ryzen 2700 and RTX 2060, then yes, you probably, almost absolutely are going to have a thermal problem. What are your GPU and CPU temperatures running at before it goes black screen?

What is your current motherboard BIOS version?

Dec 6, 2022
Do I need to explain the meaning of "exact" or are you able to determine that what you posted does not fit the requested description? LOL.

The specifications decal on the side of your power supply will list the brand, series and model. That is what we need to know.

If you have only a single fan installed, with a Ryzen 2700 and RTX 2060, then yes, you probably, almost absolutely are going to have a thermal problem. What are your GPU and CPU temperatures running at before it goes black screen?

What is your current motherboard BIOS version?

Sorry about that, the power supply is this one "https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TD...fied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ea750g-pro"
My current BIOS version is
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.00, 1/11/2019

also sorry about that i'm still pretty new to building pc's and figuring out all the components, regarding the temperatures of my gpu and cpu, My CPU temps ist at 38 C, while my GPU is 36 C. In regards to my cpu it does jump up in temps tho, while my gpu stays steady atm.

Also on my pc i do have msi afterburner where i can set my temps but i'm not sure exactly on what kind of temp limit i should have it, at the current moment of typing this, here is my current settings
W0cDpn.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022
sounds like your PSU is inadequate, but with so little info its hard to say

Regarding my specs its this

My pc specs are
Cpu - AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard- ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Memory - Corsair DDR4 -3596 (1798 MHz) 32 GBytes
Graphic - Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
Power Supply - Antec EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 750 750 W80+ GOLD Certified Semi Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooler - Stock Cooler
Case- Thermaltake H15 Micro-Tour-Pas d'alimer

Dec 6, 2022
Ok, so that is a fairly decent PSU. I have no problems with the quality of that unit. Doesn't mean it can't ever be the cause of a problem, but at least we know it's not just a piece of junk now.

So, what is the ACTUAL model of your memory kit?

So i think i might have wrote the wrong thing for my memory i believe its this, if its not the first one then its the second one. sorry not really sure on the thermology for all the components yet. If theres any other parts i failed to give correctly just let me know plz.
omADUZ.jpg

Z4VjKh.jpg

So, there's either a problem with the motherboard or the memory as there is no such thing as 3596mhz memory modules. There is 3600mhz, which is very close to 3596, and that's what the speed of your memory is supposed to be as it says so right in the model name

CMK32GX4M2D3600C18

where "3600" is the memory speed. But it's impossible to say if it's the memory or the board without either running the memory in a different system to see if it's properly reported or different memory in the motherboard to see if it is. Something isn't right though and just about the only time I've seen memory weirdly misreported like that in both the XMP profile and the actual reported frequency/max bandwidth, is when there is a problem with the memory itself. But I am sure a faulty board could probably cause this too.

Dec 6, 2022
So, there's either a problem with the motherboard or the memory as there is no such thing as 3596mhz memory modules. There is 3600mhz, which is very close to 3596, and that's what the speed of your memory is supposed to be as it says so right in the model name

CMK32GX4M2D3600C18

where "3600" is the memory speed. But it's impossible to say if it's the memory or the board without either running the memory in a different system to see if it's properly reported or different memory in the motherboard to see if it is. Something isn't right though and just about the only time I've seen memory weirdly misreported like that in both the XMP profile and the actual reported frequency/max bandwidth, is when there is a problem with the memory itself. But I am sure a faulty board could probably cause this too.

i see, yea i'm not sure what to do atm then in that regards since i don't have another pc to change the parts into to test out that. and regarding the 3596mhz i think i just wrote the max bandwidth when i was typing out everything since i wasn't sure exactly but if it continues to happen you pretty much recommending me to get a new motherboard and memory sticks pretty much right ?

Here's what I would do. If you have the original purchase information or reciept, or even a record of the purchase invoice, or registered your sticks with Corsair, I'd contact them about replacement. Tell them that the sticks won't report as the correct speed not even even in CPU-Z which is where I see that reported at twice on the SPD tab screenshot. In both these fields it SHOULD be showing 3600mhz. The fact that it doesn't tells me there is likely something wrong with those sticks or that board and since the memory has a lifetime warranty they should replace it under warranty. You will have to likely pay shipping TO them but they will usually pay for the return shipping and replace the sticks.

As you can see below, in two separate areas it's being reported as 3596mhz yet the model which is where the arrow is pointing to shows that it should be 3600mhz. This is not normal behavior. Get them to replace the sticks for you and if that doesn't fix the problem then maybe look at getting the board replaced if it's still under warranty. If you bought it less than three years ago, it should still be.

Cxqx46i.png