Question PC going black screen while gaming

Nov 12, 2022
Hello,

I recently upgraded my GPU from RX580 to RX6800xt. Due to that, I had to also change chassis and the PSU. I went for Chieftec A800 750W. I have a couple concerns, so I want to get some help.

1. When in load, this GPU creates weird noise (here). I know about coil whine, but this is very loud - is this coil whine or something else?
  2. During stress tests or gaming, sooner or later the PC shuts down to black screen but still seems to be running. To turn it on again, I have to perform a hard reset. This for sure is abnormal, but I don't know what to do with this.
  3. PSU seems to be very hot, yet its fan is not running.
  4. Temps during load are pretty high and getting there very fast. I currently have my chassis opened, but it changed nothing.
Zrzut-ekranu-20221112-174429.png

While in idle, it all seems to be pretty stable.

Would appreciate any help

Zrzut-ekranu-2022-11-12-175712.jpg

Last edited:

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
if you know the time when your system shut down, you can open event view and see the problem.
i hope that you uninstalled the previous amd drivers and installed new amd drivers.
and cpu is getting too hot! are the cpu fans spinning?
and the sound of gpu fan, i think something is hindering the fans

Nov 12, 2022
Yes, I found this tool to view events (sorry for Polish, but tried to translate):
aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Yes, I have uninstalled previous drivers (used Factory reset option) in Adrenaline installer.
The CPU fan is spinning its stock one, but I bought today Scythe Fuma 2 to get rid of that issue, hopefully will be here on Monday.
The GPU fans are spinning while in stress (in idle they are not) but I'm not sure if they are going up to 100% since they are really quiet. Also, I double-checked if anything is in GPU fans way, and it seems there is nothing like that.

cruck nova

Reputable
May 5, 2020
Yes, I found this tool to view events (sorry for Polish, but tried to translate):
aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Yes, I have uninstalled previous drivers (used Factory reset option) in Adrenaline installer.
The CPU fan is spinning its stock one, but I bought today Scythe Fuma 2 to get rid of that issue, hopefully will be here on Monday.
The GPU fans are spinning while in stress (in idle they are not) but I'm not sure if they are going up to 100% since they are really quiet. Also, I double-checked if anything is in GPU fans way, and it seems there is nothing like that.
gpu fans usually dont run in the idle to prevent wearing of the fans, so thats not a problem
and live kernal event is usually occurs because of any component error or driver related error, just to be sure, if you dont have any valuable data, try reinstalling windwos and install drivers from official website

Nov 12, 2022
I re-installed Windows, updated Bios, installed latest stable AMD drivers but after about 30 mins of gaming it happened again.

It may be overkill, but it has to be what it is for now, unfortunately. I read that for 2k gaming, this combo is not that bad.