Question Pc going into bios

Aug 9, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hello i have a gaming pc that i built that includes z390 aorus pro, rtx 3070, i5 9600k, two hdd, and one m.2. Today I upgraded my motherboard and cpu to a z590 aorus elite and i9 10900k and when i boot it up it takes me to the bios no matter what ive done. My pc was working perfectly fine until I changed my motherboard and cpu. Ive also tried changing ram and would still have the same problem.

Aug 9, 2022
Hello i have a gaming pc that i built that includes z390 aorus pro, rtx 3070, i5 9600k, two hdd, and one m.2. Today I upgraded my motherboard and cpu to a z590 aorus elite and i9 10900k and when i boot it up it takes me to the bios no matter what ive done. My pc was working perfectly fine until I changed my motherboard and cpu. I’ve changed my ram with others and still having the same problem. Please help.

D

Deleted member 362816

If it takes you to bios then it is not seeing any OS on your storage drives. I would advise a clean install of windows 10/11.

D

Deleted member 362816

i do see my storage on bios but it’s strange that i need a fresh install of windows since i was just using the hdd before upgrading the components. But i will be trying that.

Depends if the drives were setup in a raid on the old motherboard. Things are general plug in play but not always when changing platforms.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i do see my storage on bios but it’s strange that i need a fresh install of windows since i was just using the hdd before upgrading the components. But i will be trying that.

Upgrading the components is what requires a fresh install of Windows. Windows 10 tries to compensate when people cut corners, but it is absolutely not intended as a modular OS that you just move to whatever hardware, unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go install.

Aug 9, 2022
Upgrading the components is what requires a fresh install of Windows. Windows 10 tries to compensate when people cut corners, but it is absolutely not intended as a modular OS that you just move to whatever hardware, unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go install.
Oh ok that’s interesting. So if you happen to know would i need to download windows as if i didnt have it or would i need to repair it?