Question PC going to automatic repair even after Windows 10 reinstall

ChiliPete

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I have a computer thats about 7 years old that my son uses as a gaming computer. It uses a 250GB SSD as the boot drive. About 2 days ago, when he turned it on, he got a message that the computer couldn't boot properly and it went to Automatic repair mode. I tried all the options including Resetting, uninstalling recent updates, etc but I got an error message with all of them. So I finally just gave up trying to fix it, so I formatted the SSD and reinstalled Windows 10. It worked fine for about 2 days, but now its doing the exact same thing. Whenever the computer is turned on, it goes straight to automatic repair mode. Once again I've tried resetting and uninstalling updates but having no success. Do you think this is some sort of problem with the SSD that would be fixed with replacing it, or is something else going on?

ChiliPete

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
There were no blue screen errors. Everything seemed fine last night but when he woke up this morning it wouldn't boot up.
Sorry I cant get full specs. When I type systeminfo or msinfo32 into the CME prompt i get a message "systeminfo is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file."
I looked at the power supply and it has 750 written on the side but I'm not sure what model it is

TRENDING THREADS