PC GPU Upgrade

Aug 31, 2018
So I’m thinking about buying a new computer or upgrading my computer, I don’t know much about computers, I believe I have as a GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ik it’s bad) and for CPU an AMD FX 6300, but I’m looking to upgrade my gpu to a GeForce NVIDIA 1050 or 1050ti, any help in this? Or am I able to upgrade both my cpu and Gpu but have to get a whole new system like a new motherboard? (I’m mainly looking to upgrade my gpu to what’s listed)

Solution
davidalmendarez6 Open your case, by taking the side panel off of it. Then take at least two photos inside of it: The first photo should show the entire inside of your computer case. The second photo should be focused on the side of the power supply's label, so that we can see the statistics of your power supply. Then upload those photos to imgur, or whatever photo sharing site that you're comfortable with, and paste the links here in this message thread.
You have what could be considered a slightly below entry level gaming CPU. So in all but the most demanding, on CPUs, games you can get playable framerates at 1080p or 720p with low to medium settings.

I had an HD 5450, it's not really meant for gaming...at all lol. An upgrade to a 1050 would be a good match for your CPU. The 1050 can handle any game your current CPU can handle, and at the settings and resolution you should use.

If your goal is to play any new game that comes out, regardless of how demanding it is, then yes you need a new CPU/motherboard/DDR4 ram/videocard system.

If your only question is about the GPU upgrade, then definitely get the 1050 Ti; not the 1050. Everyone's logic for suggesting the baseline 1050 is valid: probable CPU bottleneck with FX-6300 + GTX 1050 Ti in certain game titles. The reason that you should get the 1050 Ti is because when you'll eventually upgrade your CPU / MB / RAM, you'll be very disappointed with just the 1050. I had a friend that I made a similar recommendation to. He had an older AMD APU and I recommended the 1050 over the Ti card, because his CPU couldn't possibly keep up. But then 4-6 months later he upgraded to a respectable CPU which would no longer be the bottleneck, only now he's greatly limited by the GTX 1050.

Get the GTX 1050 Ti, and I personally recommend the EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC, which should not require any 6-pin PCIe connectors. But honestly any 1050 Ti will do. Try not to pay above $150 USD for them. Prices are a little steep on NewEgg this week, so another option is for you to go on EVGA's bstock (factory recertified site) this Wednesday, which is when they have their weekly Wednesday magic sales: https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8

On Wednesday after 3 am EST, they usually put the cards on sale. Check the sites of EVGA b-stock / newegg / amazon / etc. Good luck.

You tell me... the AMD Radeon HD 5450 is a single slot card, but you'll need a double slot space for any modern video card. Do you have two slots free? If you're not sure, then you could take a photo, [strike]upgrade [/strike]upload to imgur and share the link here.

davidalmendarez6 Open your case, by taking the side panel off of it. Then take at least two photos inside of it: The first photo should show the entire inside of your computer case. The second photo should be focused on the side of the power supply's label, so that we can see the statistics of your power supply. Then upload those photos to imgur, or whatever photo sharing site that you're comfortable with, and paste the links here in this message thread.

Solution