Question Pc graphics upgrade

Apr 2, 2020
Hi peeps kieron here. Just wondering could anyone help me I bought a budget pc but now the graphics r limiting wat game I play can anyone help. Thanks

Apr 2, 2020
Processor. Amd athlon 200ge with radeon Vega graphics
Motherboard. Asus prime a320m-k
Power supply. Corsair vs350
Memory. corsair vengeance 8gb
Storage. Toshiba 3tb

I am looking to put a graphics card in but not sure wat fits

WildCard999

Titan
Budget doesn't really seem enough for the PSU and GPU. I'd probably go for the 3400G instead for the additional cores/threads and better iGPU for now. Then later on get a better PSU then dedicated GPU and/or get more memory, preferably around 3000mhz.

Edit: Your probably going to need to update the motherboard BIOS to use the 3400G.
Version 4801 or newer.

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
Any GPU will work in your system, provided your power supply is up to the task. Your CPU is just so weak, and not well suited to gaming. The best graphics card, that your power supply can handle would be a GTX 1650, non super, that doesn't have an external pci-e connector.

logainofhades

Titan
Hi, Kieron. No no, don't run ANY GPUs with a VS 350. It's not going to be safe. You should get the CPU, and then PSU before the GPU.

A 1650, non super should be ok, but I do agree that the PSU really needs changed to one of higher quality. The Corsair VS are not very good. The 1650 doesn't need external PCI-E, and was designed to work in systems with lower wattage PSU's, like OEM rigs tend to have. It is the GTX 750ti of this generation.

A 1650, non super should be ok, but I do agree that the PSU really needs changed to one of higher quality. The Corsair VS are not very good. The 1650 doesn't need external PCI-E, and was designed to work in systems with lower wattage PSU's, like OEM rigs tend to have. It is the GTX 750ti of this generation.
With the new VS, I would. They are "not very good". This is the old, orange label 350 W (the grey one doesn't have 350 version). It's not safe for the GPU, the whole system, or the owner of the PC.

@OP Beside the wattages, the quality of the output signal is just as important. Those orange VS PSUs are NOT producing clean signals, especially above 250W. It's OK for a web browsing PC, but for a PC that has a discrete GPU, I'd steer clear. It is very complicated to explain, but I think you should trust me on this one.

Last edited:
I suspect that existing PSU would be okay for such an upgrade. A GTX 1650 (non-SUPER) only draws around 75 watts under load, their new CPU might draw around 65 watts, and combined with the rest of their components total power draw probably won't ever go much over 200 watts. It might not be a great power supply, but it should be able to handle that kind of power draw well enough.

As for the CPU, you might also look at a Ryzen 1600, if you can find one for substantially less than a 2600. Especially if it's the updated version that comes with the smaller Wraith Stealth cooler, as that's pretty much a slightly underclocked 2600, and performs very close to that processor.

Apr 2, 2020
Hi guys so just an update and to see where I have gone wrong. U have upgraded my psu to a 750w and now replacing my cpu wit the ryzen 5 1600 3.2 ghz but no wont power on correct. It is bleeping 4 times at me. I know all is good wen I fit old cpu any idea thanks