PC hanging

kiasu81

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Hi guys,

I recently had to replace my MB, CPU fan, PSU and DVD rom which were victim of lightning hitting my pc.. all other components were tested as working fine.

Rebuilt my PC and installed Vista Business SP1.

MY PC : E8500
Asus P5Q Deluxe
2gig XMS2 Corsair RAM
Radeon 4850
Coolermaster 520W PSU

I have installed all drivers i received with the MB and updated my GPU drivers etc..
Randomly my PC hangs in Vista while no windows are running or im surfing the net. If im playing music the music gets stuck and PC freezes up.. its damn annoying! I also had to reset my CMOS as the PC got stuck in a power save loop and nothing would boot up and show on my monitor.. that only happened once tho..

I hope its not Vista but only me overlooking something stupid.. unless my RAM got damaged as well and im not aware of it?

Any suggestions? its driving me mad..

Thanks!

edit: oh and i played wow the other night for a solid 2hours with no hanging... my Far Cry2, Crysis all work fine..not FEAR 2 tho doesnt even start running :p

kiasu81

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
i live in South Africa and it started storming as i got home.. didnt have enough time to unplug my PC.. think it got hit through my network cable when the lightning hit close by :(

haha unlucky but lucky nothing else got wtfpwned..!

kiasu81

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
to kiasu81 above: i am a bit confused here. since when do i sleepwalked and posted the above question? could you please tell me how do you get hold of my account?

G

??

wtf thats weird?!

I know that if i post a message that Toms will automatically ask me to create an account.. so when i posted i saw that it went through and posted it, instead of asking me to log in or create an account.. I assumed that it created a random account for me

Absolutely no idea how that happened!! 0.o