PC hangs on "Shutting down"

devazox

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I think this is a question that has been asked very often, but I might be in an other situation.

When I shut down my pc, everything goes well until the system hangs at "shutting down" and i have to turn it off manually with the power button. I first thought some of my settings were wrong, later i thought a reinstall of windows would fix this. But after all that nothing helped and im still stuck with this problem. I tried most of the tips people gave on the internet but nothing of them really helped. When i check my event logs it gives 2 different errors : "Kernel-Event tracing" and "ISCT Agent" (2 times). It also gives a warning at "Wininit"

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you!
devazox

devazox

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I've tried both, and it didn't work =(
I have the feeling this started when i switched my GPU from 2.0 to 3.0 slot in my motherboard ( i had it wrong in first instance because i have a 3.0 gpu)
Lets try putting it in the 2.0 slot, shouldn't make a difference but i can try.

GPU not the problem, now what? =(

devazox

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
i didn't remove that battery, do i have to?
you mean the motherboard battery?

E: it does hang in safe mode too and when i restart the pc it doesn't freeze.

devazox

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's the wininit.exe file.
In event viewer this file gives a warning each time i shut down windows, or does this have nothing to do with it?
and if it does please give me a solution. google just sends me to fixers I have to pay for

Maybe its my bios or something? Because if I want to boot from dvd it just instantly goes to windows?
What on earth is going on here, last week i installed my new pc and everything worked properly and now this crap occurs. =(

TRENDING THREADS