PC hangs on startups

Erkoelm

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
So my PC is hanging everytime i try to turn it on, i tried starting it with system repair but it also hangs on "windows is reading files" when the loading bar is full.
Same with the safe modes too, they load files and stop at a file named
"Atipcie.sys" and hangs there.
I think that theres a problem with the graphic card.
I have a MSI radeon 6570, its not old its pretty new, i changed it with my old
Ati radeon hd4650 that got some errors,
But when this pc hanging happened i tried to change cards and i could get into windows desktop without errors (just the windows repairthat i got past with the hd4650)
But then i get the ati radeon hd4650s error (monitor just turning off and showing message "out of range")
But i knew that would happen so , im wonderig if theres no solutions for this?
Will a new graphic card from stores fix this problem?
I appreciate all answers thanks.

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I wouldn't recommend a new graphics card until you go to a friend with a PC and try your card over it and see if the same problem happens, if not, then the GFX card is not definitely the problem.

There's obviouly a corrupt file here, messing around with the monitor settings and swapping cards is unlikely to resolve the issue.
First off: Get into the BIOS and restore it to factory defaults, this will eliminate a host of problems in one stroke.
Next, boot the system and hold down F8 but at the menu instead of trying to get into Safe mode or do a repair, select 'last known good', this should enable the system to boot.

Erkoelm

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Im wondering if i could use mu old graphic card , it makes me able to get into windows and when im in windows ill find the "atipcie.sys" file and restore it to an old working point , and change the graphics card back to the new one and if it works ill uninstall the drivers and install them again , what do you think??

Erkoelm

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
UPDATE
I changed RAM sticks sockets and memory sticks, i got the pc on i succesfully ran the windows repair and i finally got into windows now, but i still think i'll get this error again, i checked if there was any driver updates for my graphic card but no, lets just hope it continues running like this with no errors