Question PC hangs within 10 seconds of power on

Feb 9, 2023
Title says it all, I got into windows once the very first time I powered it on. I installed some new motherboard drivers and it asked me to restart so I did. Any time from that point on I cannot get into windows at all, I’ve tried all the methods I can think of including removing all drives, moving ram, different GPU different power supply, no USB devices connected etc. If you can think of it I’ve probably tried it with the exception of changing the CPU, RAM, and Motherboard.

I took everything out of the case I reseated every connection tried different cables and outlets, I tried to boot into safe mode many times but it always gets stuck on the very first spinning dots that pops up when you first press the power button. I checked all my bios settings and updated to the latest. I disabled fast boot removed all overclocks, reseated the CPU, I tried countless times to try and boot off of a USB where I used Media Creation Tool to maybe get a clean install but I can’t, on the rare occasion that it would get passed the spinning dots it would hang within seconds. I can’t get anything done on it anymore without spending a bunch more money on another mobo cpu and ram.

If you have any solutions or maybe you’ve had this issue yourself please offer anything I am desperate for an answer as this problem has really beat me down. All parts were brand new I literally just got them in the mail yesterday and I have no idea why it booted fine the first time but never again. I have contacted manufacturers of my cpu ram and mobo to see if they can offer any solutions or get the parts in under warranty to be repaired but in the meantime I’m willing to try anything.

PC SPECS
Motherboard: MSI Z790I Edge
CPU: I5-13600KF
GPU: Asrock 6950 XT OC Formula
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5 16x2 6000
PSU: EVGA 1000 GT

Feb 9, 2023
So right this very moment you have;

A single HDD/SSD installed?

All the correct power cables connected?

The monitor connected to the GPU?

A working USB drive with a Windows install loaded?

What happens?
Answers to all your questions are yes, regardless of whether I try and boot to windows installed on my ssd or into the windows install usb, it will freeze before I ever get anywhere. Most often I see spinning dots with the motherboard logo and then those dots stop spinning and it’s locked up.

On the rare occasion that I could successfully get the install USB to do anything, it would show me a screen to begin the process of installing and it would freeze before I was even able to select which drive I wanted to install it to.

Answers to all your questions are yes, regardless of whether I try and boot to windows installed on my ssd or into the windows install usb, it will freeze before I ever get anywhere. Most often I see spinning dots with the motherboard logo and then those dots stop spinning and it’s locked up.

On the rare occasion that I could successfully get the install USB to do anything, it would show me a screen to begin the process of installing and it would freeze before I was even able to select which drive I wanted to install it to.
I guess the last thing I can think of is trying a different USB drive.