Question PC hard crashes in certain games ?

SonOfClone

Honorable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi all, I have had some annoying troubles with my desktop recently. To my knowledge nothing major changed recently before I started having these issues. Its been working fine in its current configuration for many months up until about 3 weeks ago.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 5950X
EVGA 3090 FTW3 (hybrid kit installed)
ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero
4 x 8gb 3600mhz G.Skill Trident Z
2TB 980 Pro
EVGA G2 1300W

My PC will hard crash (instant black screen, sometimes with random colors) and restart randomly (typically within minutes) while playing some games. I haven't tried many games but Forza Horizon 5, Outriders, and Back 4 Blood all hard crash. I can play games like Valorant, Minecraft, and Warthunder. The games that are working are less GPU bound and in general pull less power than the titles having issues. So far I have done the following:

updated bios
updated gpu firmware & driver
used DDU to completely remove video driver and do a clean install
updated chipset drivers and other asus related items
removed pcie adapters (small 180 degree connectors)
tried different video card
updated to windows 11
reinstalled windows

None of these have gotten me anywhere, any help is appreciated!

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Power ? With 1300W you shouldn't run into power problems, how many video cards installed 3 ?
Something changed and I think it's Windows Updates. Sometimes such things corrupt drivers or games altogether.
Latest GPU driver is not Most Compatible with All Games driver, go with what the gaming community calls the best nVidia driver, for those games too.

Reactions: Pcnowork

TRENDING THREADS