Question PC Hard Crashing while Gaming

Jan 21, 2021
Hallo guys, so, ive been updating my pc and just bought a RTX3070 and a i7 9700K, since i already had a 1511 socket with a 9600k.

Ive been experiencing lack of performance, like in warzone, only getting around 110fps, and the CPU always beeing at 100%.
But now, while im gaming, my computer just randomly crashes, forcing me to hard reset it...

Ive done a HWInfo log and i would apreciate all the help i can get to solve this problem :/

Log Link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ADzhtcFZ8-RXnj4

Computer Specs:
I7 9700K
Asus Dual RTX 3070 OC
MSI Z390 Gaming Plus
2x Gskill 4000Mhz DDR4
Seasonic Core GM 650W

If u guys need any more info, i really, really would apreciate the help,
Have a nice day, best regards,
Marcelo Santos.

Jan 21, 2021
Monitor Resolution?

1080p

Are you running the current BIOS?

Yes, updated all the drivers and the MB Bios

Did you do a DDU of the graphics drivers before installing the new RTX 3070 (what did you have before?)?
RTX 2060, and yes, i did a DDU unninstall

Jan 21, 2021
There is a way to test it. You can use MSI Afterburner to reduce the power limit to your graphics card. This will mean the card won't boost it's clock speed as high as it normally does and it will use less power.

I think its not a problem from there, ive tryed to Stress Test Both CPU and GPU at the same time, and the system was running just fine, and i had the Card with the Performance Bios (this card has two bios), now i am using the normal BIOS, and, only playing warzone, my cpu is always at 100% usage and in about 30 or so minutes, the computer just crashes and i cant do anything, just hard reset it...
Same thing happens when playing Black Ops, that is a way better optimized game...

Can my memorys be the problem? Since they are CL18? :rolleyes:

Jan 21, 2021
Is that a matched memory set? that came in one package?
Or is it 2 sticks from separate packages?

Matched, i bought 16gb Ram, 2 sticks, same package.

-----------------------------------------------------

So, ive been checking the logs and the voltages and something. My cpu playing Black ops peaks at 91º and a power of 120W, and my graphics card peaks at 68º and a power of 220W. it shouldnt be a problem, right? The only thing i can see in the logs, is Performance Limit - Max Operating Voltage, goes to YES and stays there for a while im assuming, when i have the game runing...

Jan 21, 2021
91C is too high for a CPU, you should get a better cooling solution.

Right, my Cooler Master Hyper 212 is not doing the job anymore...
and what about the lack of performance? And the 100% CPU utilization while gaming...

As for an example: View: https://imgur.com/RDQaXsK

190fps with raytrace on...
I get 100 frames less, and with the CPU being steady at 100% usage...

Last edited:
Right, my Cooler Master Hyper 212 is not doing the job anymore...
and what about the lack of performance? And the 100% CPU utilization while gaming...

As for an example: View: https://imgur.com/RDQaXsK

190fps with raytrace on...
I get 100 frames less, and with the CPU being steady at 100% usage...
Change the CPU cooler first then see what the performance is like. I'd suggest a Noctua NH-D15S or something of similar performance.

Reactions: Krotow
Mentioned smaller MAG CoreLiquid 240R is better for 10th gen Intel which have only 65W TDP. If you want AIO and particularly flashy one from MAG CoreLiquid line for i7-9700K CPU, MAG CoreLiquid 360R is better choice. i7-9700K CPU is hot (literally). 95W TDP and about 220W in peak.

Jan 21, 2021
So, i had my MB doing the CPU SA and CPU IO voltages to auto, and they were about 1.350V each, as i thought that was a bit too much, i forced them to 1.150V, now, stress testing the CPU for around 10 minutes, it stays at 63º, with only one core reaching 67º max.

And i had the processor boosting all cores to 4.9Ghz. Switched that to Per core multiplier and with the stock value...

THe problem is, i dont know what is SA and IO voltages, im not really interested in OC, only want my PC to perform like it should and that its not happening... :rolleyes:

Last edited: