Question PC Hard Crashing

Dec 28, 2019
I'll try and keep it simple, whenever I launch any game, literally any game the PC Hard freezes and sometimes reboots. I tried troubleshooting it as much as I could but couldn't find anything that would help me.
It's weird because i was playing DayZ for a few hours no issues at all, shut the PC down, went to sleep and the next morning it started crashing. I even tried a fresh clean OS installation but it didn't help. Note im using my pc without any issues as long as I'm not gaming so I doubt it's an GPU issue ( maybe GPU Driver related ). I thought it was maybe a faulty PSU because when the game launches it draws more power, so I tried stress testing it with "Furmark" and it didn't crash while using 89% power.
I really have no idea what's happening so I really need your help guys!
My current PC Specs are:
i7-4820K @ 3.70GHz ( never OCd )
Evga GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked (stock)
16GB of RAM
Corsair RM750 PSU
Evga X79 Dark motherboard
Thanks in advance and cheers!
Edit: I have launched DayZ once more, managed to get past loading screen and onto the server, alt tabbing in and out of the game and it's not crashing that way. ( alt tabbing out every 10 seconds or so though ). Decided to leave it on without alt tabbing and it crashed after a minute or so.

Last edited:
probably as you suspect a driver issue, maybe reseat memory (observe ESD precautions)
and run a memtest.

I'll try and keep it simple, whenever I launch any game, literally any game the PC Hard freezes and sometimes reboots. I tried troubleshooting it as much as I could but couldn't find anything that would help me.
It's weird because i was playing DayZ for a few hours no issues at all, shut the PC down, went to sleep and the next morning it started crashing. I even tried a fresh clean OS installation but it didn't help. Note im using my pc without any issues as long as I'm not gaming so I doubt it's an GPU issue ( maybe GPU Driver related ). I thought it was maybe a faulty PSU because when the game launches it draws more power, so I tried stress testing it with "Furmark" and it didn't crash while using 89% power.
I really have no idea what's happening so I really need your help guys!
My current PC Specs are:
i7-4820K @ 3.70GHz ( never OCd )
Evga GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked (stock)
16GB of RAM
Corsair RM750 PSU
Evga X79 Dark motherboard
Thanks in advance and cheers!