Question PC hard freeze after exiting a match/OCCT Test ?

Mar 1, 2022
Hey guys, I came here because I don't know where else to ask really.

I built a PC like 8 months ago. It was working like a charm until like 2 months ago when it started to hard freeze, forcing me to hard reboot because it doesn't matter how long I wait, it doesn't give a BSOD.

The freeze usually happens after I finish a league of legends match (sometimes it freezes in the middle of the match, but most of the time at the end, when the game closes and goes back to the client).

I used OCCT test but it hard freezes after cancelling the test or finishing it.

I'll number the things I did to troubleshoot.

1.- I clean installed windows 10 again. Same problem even with the minimum apps installed.

2.- I thougt it might be a PSU problem so I bought I new one. I feel like this worked for like a day or two without problems, and then the freeze came back.

3.- I tried OCCT but everytime I cancel the test or finish it, PC hard freeze.

4.- I removed 1 ram stick and tested with mem86 (4 passes/2 hours) and found 0 errors. Since the ram should work well I tried OCCT again, but the same problem.

The hardware is more or less:
GTX1660 SUPER
I7 10th gen (water-cooled with a cougar aqua)
2x 8GB Hyperx ram at 3000mhz
1st PSU was a Seasonic 650w gold semi-modular
2nd PSU is a Gigabyte 600w silver
SSD is a Samsung 980 pro
MOBO is a Gigabyte 560m I think.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Gigabyte 600w silver
Gigabyte is the brand of the PSU, while 600W is the advertised wattage and Silver is it's advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit? Same can be said about the Seasonic unit you've listed above. How old are both PSU's?

I clean installed windows 10 again.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? What version(not edition) are you on at the time of writing?

You need to be specific of your motherboard's make and model. While here, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Mar 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Gigabyte 600w silver
Gigabyte is the brand of the PSU, while 600W is the advertised wattage and Silver is it's advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit? Same can be said about the Seasonic unit you've listed above. How old are both PSU's?

I clean installed windows 10 again.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? What version(not edition) are you on at the time of writing?

You need to be specific of your motherboard's make and model. While here, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

The Seasonic is like 8 months old, the EVGA (I thought it was gigabyte, my bad) about 2 months old. I bought both brand new.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte B560M DS3H, BIOS version F7.

I downloaded windows from Microsoft web. Version is 19044.1526

Mar 1, 2022
I used the event viewer and I have critical errors associated to Kernel-Power. It says something like "This error can occur if the system is not responding or if the power supply has been blocked or interrupted suddenly" (I have my os in Spanish, so sorry if the message is not accurately translated)

TRENDING THREADS