Question Pc hard freezes more when its raining outside?

Dec 3, 2021
So I bought this used pc. It keeps freezing randomly. Nothing works, I have to press and hold power button to shut down. And it starts normal next time no bsod no glitch no errors.
It seems to happen less when its idle or when I am running stress test on OCCT. Otherwise it happens randomly while gaming, copying files, watching videos on vlc/mpc. one thing I noticed is it happens like every ten minutes when its raining outside maybe humidity or moisture. Idk

What I have tried -
Reinstalling windows 10, tried safe mode, ran Memtest. It froze during mem test too but no error detected I ran again 4 pass. No error. I bought new power supply, new SSD. Reapplied thermal paste on cpu, graphics card. Updated bios to latest version.

Specs.
Intel i5 9400f
MSI h310m Pro vh plus
G skill 2666mhz 8x1
Asus gtx 1050ti single fan Phoenix edition.
Antec VP 450 80 plus psu
Crucial bx 500 sata ssd

I showed the pc to technicians too but they couldn't pinpoint the problem. Please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to rule out the PSU as the faulty component by sourcing a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a unit that can deliver at least 550W of power to the entire system.

As for your OS, what version(not edition) are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? When in BIOS, can you remain there indefinitely or does it lock up there are well? Which slot is populated with the stick of ram?

Dec 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to rule out the PSU as the faulty component by sourcing a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a unit that can deliver at least 550W of power to the entire system.

As for your OS, what version(not edition) are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? When in BIOS, can you remain there indefinitely or does it lock up there are well? Which slot is populated with the stick of ram?

Hi thanks, Psu is new, 1 month old. I had similar problem on old psu that was 500 watt.

Currently I am running windows 10 2103. I tried different versions of windows. Tried windows 7 too. Same problem.

Bios version is E7B33IMS.1D1
Bios date 12/28/2020
It hasn't locked up in bios so far. But it does sometime freeze on motherboard logo while booting up.

Ram slot is dimm b1 earlier it was in dimm a1. I changed it.

Jul 20, 2018
do you have a voltage meter and/or regulator in your house? might want to check for fluctuations. some years back in our locality we had this issue where the voltage would fluctuate when it started raining due to poor infrastructure, i had to buy a UPS to make sure my pc didn't get damaged

Dec 3, 2021
do you have a voltage meter and/or regulator in your house? might want to check for fluctuations. some years back in our locality we had this issue where the voltage would fluctuate when it started raining due to poor infrastructure, i had to buy a UPS to make sure my pc didn't get damaged

I don't have voltage meter or regulator. But the induction cooktop in my house does show voltages. Right now it is 253 volts. Sometimes it does go as high as 270 volts.
Also I do have UPS 650va. It says it has built-in voltage regulator.