Question PC hard freezing out of the blue

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
My PC is no more than 6 months old I assembled it myself and I've never had a single problem up until 1 hour ago. I was in a game and then randomly everything froze, game, mouse and keyboard then a brief blue screen occurred then PC restarted. I didn't get a chance to read the blue screen error code during that time.

I turned PC back on everything seemed to be back to normal. Loaded up my game and about 10mins in the same thing happened. I restarted my holding power button on tower.

I once again turned PC on and then when I got to the desktop I opened my side panel door to check inside, everything looked fine. I then pushed my side panel door closed then PC hard froze.

I once again hold power button to restart, I tested this again and i pushed my side panel door closed and again pc hard freeze.

what is the cause of this? i reseated my ram and checked all cables, everything is secure.

i'm very worried, what is the problem here?

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

malware scan the system?
check cpu/gpu temp?

Thank you for your response.

I checked and updated all drivers. I did a malwarescan after reading your post and it checked clean.

I checked temps as the first thing when PC hard froze. I even did a benchmark, the temps are perfect.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X
MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
NOCTUA NH-D15S DUAL RADIATOR Q
WD SN750 1TB NVME M.2 SSD
GSKILL TZN 32GB (2X16) DDR4
Corsair RMX 750W GOLD

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
look like it have buildin standoff.
Check the psu cable, maybe something is touching the case

Sorry what do you mean touching the case? Every single cable connected to the PSU is touching the case from how I did cable management lol.
I had no idea what a standoff is or anything, what exactly should I check is touching?