Question Pc hard freezing under load

Sep 4, 2019
I’ve been experiencing hard freezing while gaming lately (Witcher 3, Remnant from the ashes, fallout 4 vr) and was starting to suspect either cpu or ram. I performed a memory test with no issues. Next I attempted to run prime95 and had a freeze after about 2 mins. (Temps were at about 80C). I turned off game boost and tried again, this time I experienced no freeze but stopped the test after 2 mins because temps reached 84C. CPU issue? Cooling issue? I am using stock cooler.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asus 2080 RTX
MSI B350 tomahawk
G. Skull rip jaw 8gb x2
Seagate hsd

Sep 4, 2019
I’ve been experiencing hard freezing while gaming lately (Witcher 3, Remnant from the ashes, fallout 4 vr) and was starting to suspect either cpu or ram. I performed a memory test with no issues. Next I attempted to run prime95 and had a freeze after about 2 mins. (Temps were at about 80C). I turned off game boost and tried again, this time I experienced no freeze but stopped the test after 2 mins because temps reached 84C. CPU issue? Cooling issue? I am using stock cooler.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asus 2080 RTX
MSI B350 tomahawk
G. Skull rip jaw 8gb x2
Seagate hsd

Sep 4, 2019
cpu temp is high, what cooler are you using? redo the thermal paste?
Stealth wraith I believe it’s called. It’s the stock cooler that comes with Ryzen 5 2600. My pc is also located in a corner with confined space. I ordered a new cooler which will arrive tomorrow. I’ll install that and perhaps relocate my pc then report back.