[SOLVED] PC hard freezing when gaming after enabling DOCP ?

Feb 20, 2022
So I got a new mobo, it's the Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming, and I wanted to turn on the DOCP profile for my ram Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8) 3200mhz. Everything went good, I booted in to windows11, I ran benchmarks using AIDA64 and everything seemed alright, until I launch a game and play it for a bit, then it just hard freezes, no blue screen, no black screen, couldn't move mouse, keyboard not working etc. yet the leds were still on. On different games it's different, but usually around 5 mins after launching. I'm pretty sure the ram is not the problem because it was working great on my old aorus mobo. I even ran the memtest84 and no errors showed. Everything works fine with the DOCP turned off but it's not the same.

Specs:
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming ( I have the newest bios version)
Cpu: r5 5600x
Ram: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz
Gpu: asus dual rtx 3060
Psu: 600w 80+Bronze (maybe upgrading soon)

Also idk if I should be worried, but my 5V sensor is showing the voltage in red sometimes when it's under 4.5V (it's under that voltage when I turn the DOCP profile on)

Reactions: Koekieezz
Solution
So I got a new mobo, it's the Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming, and I wanted to turn on the DOCP profile for my ram Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8) 3200mhz. Everything went good, I booted in to windows11, I ran benchmarks using AIDA64 and everything seemed alright, until I launch a game and play it for a bit, then it just hard freezes, no blue screen, no black screen, couldn't move mouse, keyboard not working etc. yet the leds were still on. On different games it's different, but usually around 5 mins after launching. I'm pretty sure the ram is not the problem because it was working great on my old aorus mobo. I even ran the memtest84 and no errors showed. Everything works fine with the DOCP turned off but it's not the same.

Specs:
Mobo...

Specs:

Also idk if I should be worried, but my 5V sensor is showing the voltage in red sometimes when it's under 4.5V (it's under that voltage when I turn the DOCP profile on)
Make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4, then try to reflash the bios to the latest, and install amd chipset driver to the latest from amd web, load optimized and enable the fastest xmp profile, then try this settings and timings (i prefer do the biggest digit first):

Dram Voltage: 1.36~1.45v
SOC Voltage: 1.1~1.15v
VDDG CCD and IOD: 0.950 or 0.955v. while 1.1 Is the max and must be -0.04v lesser than SOC Voltage.
VDDP: 0.945v (usually it's -0.04 of both VDDG, or you could let this be auto).
UCLK Div1 Mode: UCLK==MemCLK

Command Rate: 2T
tCL: 18
tRCDWR and RD: 22
tRP: 22
tRAS: 42
tRC: 64
tRRDS: 4~6
tRRDL: 4~10
tFAW: 32 or 24 or 16
tWTRS: 4 or 5
tWTRL: 8~14
tWR: 16~22
tCWL: 18
tRDWR: 8
tWRRD: 3

ProcODT: 40 or 43.3 or 53.3
ClkDrvStr: 24
AddrCmdDrvStr: 24
CsOdtDrvStr: 24
CkeDrvStr: 24

Gear Down Mode: Disable
Power Down Mode: Disable
Dram Latency Enhance: Enable

then try to boot. if you could you could try to increase the freq to 3733 max (as it is the best for zen 2 cpus), then do a stability test with this tool, load config absolutnew and re open the app as admin, then let it run, tell me which number that does alot of errors (just take a screenshot).

Also could you tell me which ver is your corsair sticks on the label?

Reactions: Blazer40o
Solution
Feb 20, 2022
Make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4, then try to reflash the bios to the latest, and install amd chipset driver to the latest from amd web, load optimized and enable the fastest xmp profile, then try this settings and timings (i prefer do the biggest digit first):

VDDG CCD and IOD: 0.950 or 0.955v. while 1.1 Is the max and must be -0.04v lesser than SOC Voltage.

then try to boot. if you could you could try to increase the freq to 3733 max (as it is the best for zen 2 cpus), then do a stability test with this tool, load config absolutnew and re open the app as admin, then let it run, tell me which number that does alot of errors (just take a screenshot).

btw how long will the test run

Feb 20, 2022

interesting... the program shows no errors, but it still freezes when im playing any game. Also some of the settings you wrote didnt show up in the bios like the tcl, trp, power down mode and dram latency enchance

interesting... the program shows no errors, but it still freezes when im playing any game. Also some of the settings you wrote didnt show up in the bios like the tcl, trp, power down mode and dram latency enchance
on asus it is wrote as the long form, you should try to find out which is which corresponding the number. See and match your current zentimings with the advanced dram timings in the bios, and start trying the suggestion above.

Reactions: Blazer40o
Feb 20, 2022
1 Cycle is enough as stated by the creator of the config, but to make sure, 3 cycle is also ok.
Ay man if you can't come up any any ideas, don't worry, I know a guy that works in a pc service and I will aks him if he could give me any advice. Would you mind if I show him the settings you told me to do if he asks?

Specs:

When you replaced the mobo did you reinstall windows?
Did you get the proper bios and mobo drivers?

Ay man if you can't come up any any ideas, don't worry, I know a guy that works in a pc service and I will aks him if he could give me any advice. Would you mind if I show him the settings you told me to do if he asks?
yes, absolutely fine! a better pc expert could explain it, probably. Anyways, my settings i suggest above is actually running looser timing to make it a bit relaxed, so that you could run stable at 3600, or above it. also the file that i gave is TestMem5, along with anta777 absolutnew config, to test the ram stability, 1 cycle is enough as the creator stated, but 3 cycles to make sure is pretty much fine. Better than Extreme1 config

Feb 20, 2022
yes, absolutely fine! a better pc expert could explain it, probably. Anyways, my settings i suggest above is actually running looser timing to make it a bit relaxed, so that you could run stable at 3600, or above it. also the file that i gave is TestMem5, along with anta777 absolutnew config, to test the ram stability, 1 cycle is enough as the creator stated, but 3 cycles to make sure is pretty much fine. Better than Extreme1 config
Also last question, could this be a bios problem, because I'm currently on the newest beta bios

Feb 20, 2022
sometimes it's windows, sometimes it's because you didn't fresh install windows.
Well at the end of the day it was actually a bios problem😂 I rolled back a couple of versions back and so far 30min for now works fine (it would've already freezed by the 5th min) Thanks for the time and advices tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koekieezz