Question PC hardware effecting competitive advantage?

Jul 29, 2020
Hi, i'm a senior school student currently undergoing a research project required by S.A.C.E. (South Australian Certificate of Education) to pass the final year of high school. My question i have chosen is "To what extent does PC hardware effect your competitive advantage in online gaming?", it would mean a lot if you could leave your opinions, me personally some parts do 100% effect your advantage e.g. mice, getting a $20 "gaming" mouse from your local target will have very low quality lasers in them and will not be able to track quick movements.

A skilled player in any game will mop up the floor w/ lesser skilled players, regardless of which player has a better PC, as long as at least 60 fps is possible....

The only thing stupider than $100-$150 'gaming mice' are the matching mouse-pads.....oh, and 'gaming keyboards' :)

Jul 29, 2020
A skilled player in any game will mop up the floor w/ lesser skilled players, regardless of which player has a better PC, as long as at least 60 fps is possible....

The only thing stupider than $100-$150 'gaming mice' are the matching mouse-pads.....oh, and 'gaming keyboards' :)
Being fair tho, the more expensive mice are usually worth it due to the extra movement tracking capabilities that cheap mice don't have