PC Hardware Help

Brandon0703

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Hi I finished researching parts for my first PC build, and I want to make sure all these components would work well with each other. If I am missing any parts that are needed, please let me know.

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

SSD: ADATA Premier SP550 2.5'' 240GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.20 GHz Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151, 6MB Cache

CASE: VIVO "SMART" Micro-ATX Tower Computer Gaming PC Case Black / 5 Fan Mounts, USB 3.0 Port

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular

MOBO: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 Micro ATX DDR4

HARDDRIVE: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive

CPU COOLER: Cryorig C7 CR-C7A Top Flow CPU Heatsink 47mm SFF Mini ITX

Also, I want to connect two monitors with HDMI cables but the GPU only has on HDMI output. Lastly, where do I download Windows 10? On the HardDrive?
Thank You.

Solution
Yeah that's all compatible.

The CPU cooler isn't required, since the CPU comes with a stock cooler - though it can be rather noisy under load. I'd rather recommend a Cryorig M9i over the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo if you do want a quieter system. The Cryorig cooler is quieter and easier to install.

The EVGA Supernova G1 is mediocre quality. You could get higher quality and a little less wattage, 650W isn't necessary.

If at all possible, I would step up to a ~250GB SSD at least. Doesn't cost much more.

You're getting a locked CPU, so an overclocking-enabled Z170 board is perhaps not worth the premium over a H170 or B150 board.

To connect the second monitor you'll need an adapter, but a DVI to HDMI adapter is pretty cheap.

You...
Yeah that's all compatible.

The CPU cooler isn't required, since the CPU comes with a stock cooler - though it can be rather noisy under load. I'd rather recommend a Cryorig M9i over the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo if you do want a quieter system. The Cryorig cooler is quieter and easier to install.

The EVGA Supernova G1 is mediocre quality. You could get higher quality and a little less wattage, 650W isn't necessary.

If at all possible, I would step up to a ~250GB SSD at least. Doesn't cost much more.

You're getting a locked CPU, so an overclocking-enabled Z170 board is perhaps not worth the premium over a H170 or B150 board.

To connect the second monitor you'll need an adapter, but a DVI to HDMI adapter is pretty cheap.

You should install Windows on the SSD. The actual download should be done ahead of time, and "burned" to a USB flash drive with the tool.

Solution

Brandon0703

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

I changed the type of case, will that still work?