Pc hardware still running after shut down

May 18, 2018
I just recently built a pc like a week ago and now when i shutdown my pc, the fans still work and led lights still on. I tried restarting and it worked normally like they all went off and turned on again. I tried shutting it down on safe mode but it hangs on the shutting down screen. My video card works fine though and everything works ok and ive been using it for like 14 hours a day

Solution
I just removed my battery in the motherboard which led to resetting the bios. After that it shut down propely and bery fast. When you do reset the bios just press f2 on start up and go to the boot menu. Pick the storage you want to boot in and you're done.

selenaanderson3387

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
It could be your motherboard or PSU issue. At first, you should update your bios to most recent ones, It will surely help your issue but if it still persists then get your PSU checked by some hardware technician.

May 18, 2018
I just removed my battery in the motherboard which led to resetting the bios. After that it shut down propely and bery fast. When you do reset the bios just press f2 on start up and go to the boot menu. Pick the storage you want to boot in and you're done.

Solution
May 18, 2019

I have the weirdest thing also what's a little different is I upgraded my processor to an AMD FX-8350 and that is when mine started. It has LEDs on the fan AMD Wraith Cooler the AMD Wraith Cooler got little AMD logo that lights up and LEDs around the fan. It is cool looking lol but my case is a fully closed case with no windows

However, the LED on the logo stays on, on the CPU LED ring around the CPU Wraith Cooler shuts down and so does the fan on the CPU, but right above the CPU is an exhaust fan that has an LED which is also a 4-prong that is connected to the board and is also sharing the connection with another exhaust fan with a splitter that does not have LEDs and his only three prong connected exhaust fan it shuts all the way off LED exhaust fan above the CPU spin slow and the LEDs lower in brightness on upon shut down.

Interesting thing is I flip the switch on the power supply but I did not unplug it thinking that it was residual power and the power supply once I woke up this morning it was still dim light in spinning an AMD logo showing. The power supply is fairly brand new I did not have this issue prior to upgrading to my new CPU however it's not the best of boards when I first bought it I just needed a board that was compatible with an AMD Athlon II and since then I've been shoving new Hardware in it. M5A78L-M-PLUS-USB3. I'm going to try the battery removal unplug I already did the reset to default on the BIOS however it did come with the latest bios. If that doesn't work maybe I will try and Flash the BIOS from what I understand the BIOS is fairly easy to flash on this one.

At the time like I said I just needed a replacement for it and I think I paid 50 bucks or 60 bucks for it. As of right now, everything in the computer is brand new besides a hard drive and the ram. Given within six months including the power supply which I believe a Thermaltake 650 W. I'm going to unplug the power supply after shutdown because I do not have time at the moment. But my question is could this damage anything? Meaning with the fan spinning I think it was designed to continue to have the AMD logo continue running or maybe not. Thank you for your post I also read another post with the same issue or very similar where he updated his bios and did the jumper reset but I don't want to do a jumper reset.