Question PC has all sorts of troubles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 3, 2018
Yesterday at around 6 p.m. EST, My PC had the Blue screen of death. Now being a newly built PC this was scary to me as she is my work of art. Beautiful creation I spent $$$ and time on and only ran into problem after problem. I looked up certain said error code but no fix. I've had countless error codes now as of 7:07 AM 3/27/2019. SEVERAL. Can't hard reset my PC as it won't let me. Can't boot from a bootable drive to reset either. Tried every CMD prompt line there is. NOTHING.

View: https://imgur.com/a/V0ehUld
This is the image. I tried this and so much more. It told me where a file that is corrupted. I tried an hour long computer repair scan last night. Nothing. PC will restart after BSOD at random now. I even got Driver easy and Driver support. Neither helped all drivers fixed. Still crashes.The error codes are no help either. anyway Any help please would be nice. Cause safe mode the problem does go away but I don't know much of what to do on that side. I know I can not hard reset still. Also, when I click certain times after a click it crashes. I have't downloaded anything new at the start of this yesterday. I assume from a windows update this happened. It all started yesterday after a certain time certain things happened like no sound. Or the game crashed and all sorts of stuff. Like my pc restarted several times while typing this.

PC SPECS. i7-8700
32GB DDR4 2400 MHZ Corsair Vengeance Ram
1 500gb evo ssd
1tb crucial ssd
1080 Ti gigabyte GPU
Aorus z390 Wifi Mobo
and EVGA G2 850 PSU

Nov 3, 2018
Wait, do you have more than one SSD? So, can you boot to the Windows install USB without any SSDs connected at all? If the SSD is a potential problem then you must disconnect it and test the system without it. If for some reason the Windows install key doesn't like to boot without an SSD on the system, then you could make a Linux Mint bootable USB on another computer and try to boot the system with just that.

https://linuxmint.com/download.php
Uninstalled all SSDs and it booted to install just fine

Nov 3, 2018
You can install from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Just create the media and worry about the activation later, so you can figure out the problem.
Even if I use this new media to boot and whatnot I still get the same message as follows: “Windows can not install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D.”

That error code is googlable and there are proposed solutions on several websites. I don’t have time to read through it all and I don’t know what the exact cause is. As is often the case, sometimes people provide false identification of the problem but are still able to provide a solution. One person suggested the error is due to Windows not being able to install on larger SSD partitions, while another suggested writing zeroes to the disk with a drive utility. Bottom line in my opinion is it looks like you need to delete all partitions on the drive before trying to install windows, then the install will just create the required partition when you select the target drive. Not sure how this will affect your ability to recover your Windows license, but it might work if you use the Windows install app to delete the partitions. When you get to that point in the install where you select the drive, it may already have grabbed the product key from the drive, so you might be ok deleting all the partitions at that point, then just proceed with the install.

There are also ways to read the product key from the drive (assuming the drive is readable), which we can explore first if you don’t want to delete the partitions yet. See the article on TechSpot.com about your Windows product key and how to find it.

Nov 3, 2018
There are also ways to read the product key from the drive (assuming the drive is readable), which we can explore first if you don’t want to delete the partitions yet. See the article on TechSpot.com about your Windows product key and how to find it.
Ok thanks I’ll go about trying to delete all partitions

Colif

Win 11 Master
Listen to SgtScream - process of elimination. Do you mean 4 mobos in a row on this build? Then it is something you are reusing across all those systems, or you may need to review your technique in case you are repeating a mistake during the build process. Is this the first PC you have built?

Maybe a bad PSU frying all those mobos? Have you breadboarded the system yet? Take everything out and set up a barebones minimal system on a table with a non-metal surface (many people put the mobo on top of the box it came in) and start all over again if you have to, but don't add new components until the barebones components are working ok together. Anything added after that should be added one by one so you can see if it causes a problem when it has been added. Since you suspected your SSDs, when I say barebones system I mean don't put any SSDs on it. Get that Linux USB key made and try to boot from that first.

this is good advice, why you ignore it? If windows is crashing right after install, it is often caused by hardware., Best to check everything you have before trying to install Windows again

Have you tried running this - Bootable version of intel processor diagnostic tool - http://www.tcsscreening.com/files/users/IPDT_UEFI/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Even if I use this new media to boot and whatnot I still get the same message as follows: “Windows can not install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D.”

another common cause of that bsod is the actual USB drive being used. Try another drive.

Op shouldn't need to know the product code to reinstall win 10 on a PC its been on already, all you do when you reach the license screen in installer is click "I don't have a key" and Win 10 will continue to install and reactivate itself once it can contact an activation server once install is finished. ALl details of windows 10 PC licenses are stored by MIcrosoft, you don't need to know them now once you have entered them the 1st time. Servers store a list of parts in PC, the licence key & possibly an email address on their servers for every win 10 PC.

Nov 3, 2018
this is good advice, why you ignore it? If windows is crashing right after install, it is often caused by hardware., Best to check everything you have before trying to install Windows again

Have you tried running this - Bootable version of intel processor diagnostic tool - http://www.tcsscreening.com/files/users/IPDT_UEFI/
Excuse me me? Ignoring? I don’t ignore any advice, however if it is not pertinent to me I don’t use it. This case I tried all of the above stated so I’m not doing it again.