[SOLVED] PC has Flashing/Flickering while gaming then shuts down gfx and hardware.

May 18, 2021
Hello All,
After gaming for a short while, my monitor starts to flash green and flicker and then a little while later it often stops working altogether, turning black like there is nothing attached, and my mouse and keyboard also go dark. Turning it back on afterwards, my graphics card can't be seen on device manager.
This problem has been going on for a while now however, it has always been the same. I attempted to fix it by updating drivers and the like but that never worked. I believe it is a power issue but am uncertain, however switching ports for PCIe slot doesn't work, the issue persists. Earlier this week I switched the PCIe power cables extended to my GFX card to an earlier part of a daisy train, however it only worked for 2 days, and then the issue has been coming a lot more frequently as I have tried to game, any ideas? I am thinking that I might need a new power supply, or new PCIe cables altogether.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Radeon RX 580 Series
ASROCK B450M Steel Legend
Kingston HP24D4U7S8MBP-8 DDR4
Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 DDR4
ST1000DM003-1SB102
SAMSUNG MZ7LN256HMJP-000H1

EVGA - W1 Series 600W ATX 12V/ EPS 12V 80 Plus Power Supply

Last edited:
Solution
Don't just update your answer, really do answer so the one that replied get's notified.

For one take that Kingston ram out of the system.If the Corsair is just one stick which it looks like get another one of those to hopefully make sure they play well together. Would be best to sell both sticks and get a kit of 2 new, something faster would be preferable, something 3200mhzC16 would be fine.

That psu isn't known for quality so might be a problem as well. If you have the funds replace it with something good qaulity. The 600watts is more than enough so something 550watts would be fine if good quality.

What bios are you running? Can be seen in the bios itself or use dxdiag, it will be on the first page.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Don't just update your answer, really do answer so the one that replied get's notified.

For one take that Kingston ram out of the system.If the Corsair is just one stick which it looks like get another one of those to hopefully make sure they play well together. Would be best to sell both sticks and get a kit of 2 new, something faster would be preferable, something 3200mhzC16 would be fine.

That psu isn't known for quality so might be a problem as well. If you have the funds replace it with something good qaulity. The 600watts is more than enough so something 550watts would be fine if good quality.

What bios are you running? Can be seen in the bios itself or use dxdiag, it will be on the first page.

Solution