Question PC has network connection issues

Apr 4, 2023
I recently bought a new PC and for a about an hour I was playing and browsing with no problem. then after that, I started having network connection issues. I was greeted with a couple errors: protocol error and out of memory error to name a few when browsing on chrome. When I attempted to download files or software, I would get an error stating: network connection failed. So with the help of a friend, we've tried about everything we could think of. I uninstalled all my network adapter drivers and reinstalled updated drivers. I replaced my motherboard with a brand new one. With the first and second motherboard, I removed and installed all my PC parts. As well with the first and second motherboard, I uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter drivers. I have tried resetting my router and even bought a new cat 6 ethernet cable and still had the same issues. I have tried connecting to my hotspot from my phone and my iPad and still had the same issues. Any assistance would be appreciated, Thank you in advanced. FYI, I'm on a laptop creating this thread and I have had no problems with the network connection.

Current PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.5GHz 12 core
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI
Ram: G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 (2 Sticks)
SSD/HDD: Inland QN322 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND QLC and Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 5400 RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Sapphire Pulse Overclocked triple fan 20GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0
PSU: RMx Series RM1000x 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX
Chassis: Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass ATX (Black)

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I recently bought a new PC and for a about an hour I was playing and browsing with no problem. then after that, I started having network connection issues. I was greeted with a couple errors: protocol error and out of memory error to name a few when browsing on chrome. When I attempted to download files or software, I would get an error stating: network connection failed. So with the help of a friend, we've tried about everything we could think of. I uninstalled all my network adapter drivers and reinstalled updated drivers. I replaced my motherboard with a brand new one. With the first and second motherboard, I removed and installed all my PC parts. As well with the first and second motherboard, I uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter drivers. I have tried resetting my router and even bought a new cat 6 ethernet cable and still had the same issues. I have tried connecting to my hotspot from my phone and my iPad and still had the same issues. Any assistance would be appreciated, Thank you in advanced. FYI, I'm on a laptop creating this thread and I have had no problems with the network connection.

Current PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.5GHz 12 core
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI
Ram: G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 (2 Sticks)
SSD/HDD: Inland QN322 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND QLC and Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 5400 RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Sapphire Pulse Overclocked triple fan 20GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0
PSU: RMx Series RM1000x 1000 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX
Chassis: Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass ATX (Black)
I take it that you're using the network adapter on your motherboard, or do you have a separate ethernet adapter? If you are using the adapter on the motherboard, then disable it and use a separate nic or wireless adapter. Reply with the results.
DaleH

Apr 4, 2023
I take it that you're using the network adapter on your motherboard, or do you have a separate ethernet adapter? If you are using the adapter on the motherboard, then disable it and use a separate nic or wireless adapter. Reply with the results.
DaleH
Yes, I am using the network adapter on my motherboard. I will try that out and will reply with the results, Thank you!