Pc has no display

dylangiantsfan

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
I have tried so much I dont know what the issue is. First it wouldnt turn on but I fixed that by reconnecting the front panel connecters. Now there is no display. The gpu is a powercolor r7 360, and mobo is gigabyte f2a68hm-h. I tested the psu and it works fine. The gpu fans dont spin either. I tried putting in a gt 610 and this time the fan spin but I was still getting no display. At this point I have no idea what the problem is and I need help.

Solution
Thats good, the fan spinning means that the motherboard is receiving sufficient power.
You can try to swap out the CPU to test for inconsistencies if you have another FM2+ CPU lying around, but this sounds like a dead CPU to be honest, which isn't surprising given that FM2+ has been dated for quite some time.
What stuff do you have to test for different factors? e.g. a spare CPU etc.

I think its time for a rig upgrade! :)
I would recommend picking up a skylake CPU in the form of the i5 6500 or 6600k if you want to OC.
if you have the money the i7 is definitely worth it, but if you're on a tight budget the i5 is the way to go.
Feel free to give me a budget if you want to build soon! :)
Thats good, the fan spinning means that the motherboard is receiving sufficient power.
You can try to swap out the CPU to test for inconsistencies if you have another FM2+ CPU lying around, but this sounds like a dead CPU to be honest, which isn't surprising given that FM2+ has been dated for quite some time.
What stuff do you have to test for different factors? e.g. a spare CPU etc.

I think its time for a rig upgrade! :)
I would recommend picking up a skylake CPU in the form of the i5 6500 or 6600k if you want to OC.
if you have the money the i7 is definitely worth it, but if you're on a tight budget the i5 is the way to go.
Feel free to give me a budget if you want to build soon! :)

Solution

dylangiantsfan

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Ill call amd tomarrow, for some reason the cpu looked old when I received it from Amazon. There was a dent on the box and it was all scraped up
Maybe it is the cpu but why does the r7 360 fan not spin when its in? Too bad I dont have a speaker chip for the mobo so I cant hear any beep codes.

The R7 360 as with all recent graphics cards requires the system to boot, and recognizes the application demand before applying itself, some even not using fans below a certain temperature through fan profiles. The GT610 is based on an older architecture, and the fans automatically will spin up to max speed before readjusting and slowing down.
The fact that the system is not booting will cause this trouble, and the GT 610 fan will likely run at max speed as a result.
I suggest contacting AMD or the retailer you purchased from and ask for a refund if possible.

No problem! The FM2+ socket is still quite dated though, and you mat experience future problems if this CPU dies as well! May I ask what you use the PC for? Because I can put together a MUCH better PC on a tight budget.

dylangiantsfan

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Well its not the cpu, replaced and still no display. I also tried swapping out RAM and using integrated graphics on the a10 7890k. I have tested everything, I have another mobo which I will check tomorrow. Its too bad I dont have a speaker for the mobo it would make this so much easier.