[SOLVED] PC has no signal to monitor.

Nov 15, 2020
Recently built a pc and i am having no signal when i boot it up, the specs are as follows.
Mobo :asus p8z68-v pro gen 3 socket 1155
CPU- I5 3330
RAM- Intenso ddr3 1600mhz 8gb x2
GPU- GTX 970
PSU- EVGA 500W GD

i have yet to put windows on the machine as i cannot get a signal and the dram light is constantly on, the following things i have tried.
1.Reseating the ram/using one stick in all of the slots
2. Clearing cmos
3.Removing GPU
4.Holding down the MEMOK button for 3 seconds and letting it do its thing
5.Changing from HDMI to DisplayPort

i am at a loss as to why this thing won't give a signal, i know the monitor and cable work as it was connected to my main pc prior and i cannot test the ram from my pc because that is ddr4 sadly.

Solution
it is my first time trying to start it, i have no idea about the bios update, would i need a specific one to run ivy?

Version 3209 or higher is required to run this CPU.

I don't believe this motherboard has the ability to update the BIOS without posting, so you'd have to have a Sandy Bridge era CPU (or bring it to a shop or someone that has one). Generally speaking, Z77/H77 motherboards are recommended to run either Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge because they typically came with a BIOS that could run all the CPUs.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
it is my first time trying to start it, i have no idea about the bios update, would i need a specific one to run ivy?

I don't believe this motherboard has the ability to update the BIOS without posting, so you'd have to have a Sandy Bridge era CPU (or bring it to a shop or someone that has one). Generally speaking, Z77/H77 motherboards are recommended to run either Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge because they typically came with a BIOS that could run all the CPUs.

Solution
Nov 15, 2020

so realistically i could buy a i5 2300 to do a bios update but at that point i may aswell just use the i5 2300 instead of the 3300