Question PC has no sound

Aug 19, 2019
So I turned on my computer today and I have no sound. I tried plugging in a headset, earbuds, and a speaker but still no sound. On the sound control panel, I have no play back devices listed (such as my headset when plugged in). I have show disabled devices and show disconnected devices as well checked. On the device manager, under sound, video and game controllers tab, I see Nvidia High Definition Audio. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have Nvidia, Realtek or High Definition Audio for example. I updated the Nvidia using the the Update Driver option. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the options show in the same tab. I also disabled and re-enabled. I'm not sure whats wrong. When I troubleshoot the sound icon, it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I've checked my PCfor updates and restarted multiple times. I can't seem to find any solutions that work online. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

For the sake of the following explanation, I'm assuming you have a desktop.
Speakers are usually connected to the backside of the computer. Headsets can be connected to a speaker, to the backside of the computer, to the front panel of the computer, to the monitor, and sometimes to the keyboard. Unless it's a USB headset, in which case it can be connected to a USB port located almost anywhere, including on a headset stand.

Perhaps you can tell us what equipment you have, and how/where it is connected. Also please post the specs of your computer, including if it's a desktop or a laptop.