Question PC has problems with multiple games and I can't figure out why.

May 26, 2022
Hey all. I've had my PC for about a year and a half and it's constantly given me problems at random with multiple games. FFXIV will crash on me at random and continually crash until I reset my PC. Lost Ark can crash anywhere from a couple times a day to once a week. I just tried playing Apex Legends for the first time in awhile the other night and 30 minutes in I crashed. Some games are fine but a lot have problems at random. The crashes don't just close the game, they all have error codes for their respective games and I've tried a bunch of solutions offered in threads for said error codes but nothing seems to help. I'm honestly about to just buy a new PC and hope everything works well so if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem may be from my vague explanation I would really appreciate it.

Specs:
CPU -i9-10850k
GPU -RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision
Mobo - GIGABYTE Z490 VISION G LGA 1200
RAM- G Skill Trident Z Royal 3600mhz
PSU - CORSAIR RM Series RM850 CP-9020196-NA 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD
Storage - XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 (primary)
Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM (secondary)

So what kind of error codes were you getting? Which drive do you use for gaming? Have you checked your event viewer for critical events that coincide with the crashing games? Are your bios, gpu, files up to date? Have you checked game file integrity if they are steam games?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS