Question PC has recently started stuttering ?

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Hey everyone,

I have an Alienware Aurora R11 with an i7-10700F, and it's pretty crappy for what it's supposed to be, but it does fine on certain parameters that I'm okay with playing games at. It's been pretty solid for the last year and suddenly the past day or two I've been getting this extremely annoying and reoccuring stuttering issue in games, no matter what game it is. For example, I run Apex Legends at 1440p 120hz/fps solid on lowest settings with a 2080 Super. While playing, just recently, I'm sitting at 120fps solid, no dips or anything, and it just starts stuttering for about 2-3 seconds every minute or so. It LOOKS like I'm having serious FPS changes and dips, but I'm not. I'm also not thermal throttling as my components are both staying under 75c, no issues with PSU so far.

Does anyone know some different ways to test what might be happening here? It's been running pretty consistently with no issues like this for a year now, and this all of a sudden starting happening within the last 24 hours or so.