Nov 12, 2020
So I bought an EVGA SC2 1080 Ti about 2 years ago. I started to notice problems with the graphics card at the beginning of 2020. These problems include my display randomly freezing for a few seconds and not being able to play games on high graphics settings. The problems got to a point where I wanted to get a replacement GPU. I sent the card back to EVGA and got it replaced with the same model. The card seemed to work perfectly for about two weeks, but then the problems started showing up again and this time much more severe. Now it's at the point where the computer won't show anything on the screen and I can't boot into Windows if the GPU is plugged in. I am able to enter the Bios with the GPU plugged in, but I can't reach the Windows 10 login before getting a black screen. I have the most up-to-date Bios and graphics drivers. I am able to use my CPU's integrated graphics to use the PC for basic things like browsing the internet and coding.

Am I just really unlucky with GPUs and have gotten two broken ones or something else up. Judging from multiple forums I think the problem may be that I have a bad PSU. I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on my issue and if anyone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

PC SPECS:
Mobo: MSI Z390-A Pro
CPU: i5 9600k
RAM: 8gb (2 x 4gb) Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz
GPU: EVGA SC2 1080 Ti
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 650

Solution
Sounds like your PSU to me. EVGA has a 7 year warranty on that PSU. You can probably return it to EVGA. There might not necessarily be anything wrong with the GPU. You'd just have to test it with a new PSU to know for sure if the GPU is fried.
Nov 11, 2020
Sounds like your PSU to me. EVGA has a 7 year warranty on that PSU. You can probably return it to EVGA. There might not necessarily be anything wrong with the GPU. You'd just have to test it with a new PSU to know for sure if the GPU is fried.

Solution
Nov 12, 2020

I did some more testing with a friends computer and the GPU does not work anymore unfortunately. I wasn't aware that EVGA had such a long warranty on their PSUs. I'm currently in the process of getting my PSU and GPU replaced. Hoping those were the only possible issues.