Question PC has stopped booting after installing new AIO cooler ?

Jul 31, 2021
Hi guys,
Yesterday I installed my new h150i elite aio and when I tried booting my pc, all the fans begin spinning and my rgb turns on but my monitor detects no signal.
Also as I have an asus b550-a I see that when I power on the pc, the Q-LED for dram lights up for a split second, then the led for cpu lights up for a split second then my vga led lights up and stays on then lastly my boot led lights up then stays on(suggesting it isn’t booting properly).
My pc used to work fine before but now all of a sudden it’s failed me.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue:

• -Take off the aio and re-seat the cpu
  • -check the cpu 8-pin connection
  • -tried putting my old stock Ryzen cooler in
  • -tried using my old 1060 6gb (still didn’t work so gpu is not the problem)
  • -tried re-seating the ram
  • -tried re-seating the boot ssd

Any help would be much appreciated (I really need it :)

Specs
-ryzen 5600x
-corsair h150i elite
-asus b550-a
-crucial ballistics 32gb 3600
-inno3d 3060 ti
-1tb WD nvme ssd
-nzxt 750W psu

Reactions: K4CP3R
Dec 26, 2021
I have the same problem and it happend to me yesterday too. I installed Msi Coreliquid 240R Aio and my PC had started infinite booting. VGA led on motherboard shines for 2 minutes, then it dissapered and i see motheboard logo in my monitor. The boot proces begins and never ends. I thought my card broke but I checked it on my sister's computer and it worked normally.

You have Windows 10 or 11? Maybe it’s significant? I have Win11.

My spec:
  • MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
  • Intel i5-9400F
  • MSI RTX2060 Ventus OC
  • Msi Coreliquid 240R

Once when i waited about 25 minutes the system worked, but it did not see one of my HDD disks. could it be related in some way? Strange thing.

Let me know if you discover something.

Jul 31, 2021
I have the same problem and it happend to me yesterday too. I installed Msi Coreliquid 240R Aio and my PC had started infinite booting. VGA led on motherboard shines for 2 minutes, then it dissapered and i see motheboard logo in my monitor. The boot proces begins and never ends. I thought my card broke but I checked it on my sister's computer and it worked normally.

You have Windows 10 or 11? Maybe it’s significant? I have Win11.

My spec:
  • MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
  • Intel i5-9400F
  • MSI RTX2060 Ventus OC
  • Msi Coreliquid 240R
Once when i waited about 25 minutes the system worked, but it did not see one of my HDD disks. could it be related in some way? Strange thing.

Let me know if you discover something.

Hi man,
For me the problem resolved itself after I updated my motherboard's bios to the newest version. Now my computer boots into the American Megatrends screen with "cpu fan error" message. However, when i click F1 it lets me go into bios, then again i can boot up into windows. Sometimes when I turn on my pc there again is no signal to the monitor, but by clicking F1 I can always go into bios. I updated bios by using the BIOS flashback button on my asus board.
Hope this helps!