Question PC has trouble turning on

pcguy256

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
Basically I've had to remove all Usb and display connections to the computer to get it to turn on and even then it still needs a long press to turn on, and if i do short interval presses it just cannot power on the fans just spin and the lights turn on then turn off. Not sure if this is a power issue or something else.

pcguy256

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
GP-P750GM, asus b550-a, ryzen 7 5800x, rtx 3060 ti , g skill tridentz neo 32 gb ram the psu was bought new and is 1 year old
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
GP-P750GM

Terrible PSU. :vomi:
Reason why:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACtT_rzToI

At this point, it is VERY likely that your PSU blew up. And with this, you can consider everything that was connected to PSU, to be dead. Essentially the whole PC.

Only way to know which components survived and which didn't, needs 2nd, compatible PC, where to test out your components one-by-one, and look what works and what doesn't.

If you want a bit of hope: PSU is most likely dead. So is MoBo, since MoBo is usually 1st to go, when PSU acts up. GPU can also be dead, since it's very close to MoBo (dying part) when PSU blows. CPU, RAM and drives, usually, survive PSU blowing up. But without testing, there's no telling if those survived as well.

pcguy256

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
Terrible PSU. :vomi:
Reason why:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACtT_rzToI

At this point, it is VERY likely that your PSU blew up. And with this, you can consider everything that was connected to PSU, to be dead. Essentially the whole PC.

Only way to know which components survived and which didn't, needs 2nd, compatible PC, where to test out your components one-by-one, and look what works and what doesn't.

If you want a bit of hope: PSU is most likely dead. So is MoBo, since MoBo is usually 1st to go, when PSU acts up. GPU can also be dead, since it's very close to MoBo (dying part) when PSU blows. CPU, RAM and drives, usually, survive PSU blowing up. But without testing, there's no telling if those survived as well.
Every part but the power supply im guessing works somehow i turned it on yesterday no part is acting up when just doing every day to day tasks on the pc and it works perfectly it just has problems when you try to start it up but i guess ill just buy a new power supply if the internet says it is a c4
the peripherals for example my mouse has lighting and is still receiving power from the usb slots of the mother board when plugged in so the motherboard isnt dead.
but the power supply has some noises and buzzing noises when plugged in but had never exploded as shown in the video im guessing is on the verge of dying? Im getting the corsair rm750 as a replacement.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Every part but the power supply im guessing works somehow i turned it on yesterday no part is acting up when just doing every day to day tasks on the pc and it works perfectly it just has problems when you try to start it up but i guess ill just buy a new power supply if the internet says it is a c4
the peripherals for example my mouse has lighting and is still receiving power from the usb slots of the mother board when plugged in so the motherboard isnt dead.
but the power supply has some noises and buzzing noises when plugged in but had never exploded as shown in the video im guessing is on the verge of dying? Im getting the corsair rm750 as a replacement.

You are aware that you didn't actually mention that it works fine after starting up until just now, so it's difficult for anyone to take that into consideration. Incomplete or inaccurate information leads to inaccurate answers. You're the only one here with access to your computer, so you have to be eyes, ears, and hands.

However, since the new PSU is much better than the old one, you'll be much better off even if this doesn't resolve this particular issue.