Question PC has troubles booting

Jun 26, 2022
Okay so my PC has a huge issue.. it just recently started happening and was wondering if my gpu drivers could cause this.

So I normally don't update my gpu drivers as they always cause some kind of havoc on my PC

Specs:
Mobo: Asus ROG z390-h
Gpu: evga gtx 980ti hydro copper
CPU: i7-8700
Ram: Corsair dominator ddr4 (8gbx4 sticks)
Psu: Corsair ax1200i replaced the old ax1200i about 3 years ago.
Only drive connected right now: Samsung v-nand 970 evo nvme m.2

I also replaced my cmos battery a week ago
It will start for one second fan spins and everything then it turns off but the memory rgb lights are on and I have to hold the power button to turn it off.
To get it to start I have to move one of the modular connectors to a different place multiple times till it will start then it will usually randomly shut off 2 times then I'm finally able to use my PC and restart it whenever I want. But the moment it has been off for a long time aka over night it does this.... It is driving me nuts I've already done most of the diognostics I just need to buy a Psu tester but have t gotten to that yet. Any suggestions?

Diddly

Distinguished
Sounds like your PSU is broken. But you could try booting into safe mode. this will tell you if your graphics drivers are causing you problems. TBH I update graphics drivers all the time (express install, never clean) and no issues. Before messing with drivers create a restore point in future?

Reactions: Christophe516
Jun 26, 2022
Sounds like your PSU is broken. But you could try booting into safe mode. this will tell you if your graphics drivers are causing you problems. TBH I update graphics drivers all the time (express install, never clean) and no issues. Before messing with drivers create a restore point in future?
I'll try reformating this weekend and if the problem goes away I will make a restore point before I do anything else. I had this issue like a year and a half ago but it stopped.. if my psu already went bad then imma stay away from Corsair like it's been only 3 years. I'll get a Psu tester soon and check

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
EnrageDev, I agree with Diddly.