[SOLVED] Pc having stroke. Symptoms suggest power supply

Mord35

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
Was playing halo 4 and noticed some weird geometry. Some time after, the tv just goes dark and shows "no signal detected" as if nothing was connected.

Now i try to turn off the pc and bac on but it wont show at all on the tv. At first i thought it was the gpu, but leaving the pc on, everything from the fans and lights turn on for some seconds and back off for 3 seconds then back on.

Tv and hdmi cable work after testing an xbone. Important also is that i have disonnected the power cord several times without turning off the pc before. Im gonna see if i can get another power supply right now.

Solution
I don’t think it’s necessarily the psu, could still be gpu, motherboard or even RAM. Does your system have integrated graphics? If yes then remove the gpu and see if integrated graphics works.
UPDATE. I have switched out and tested a power supply and a motherboard. Turns out it was the motherboard.

Thank you for your input.

Mord35

Honorable
Apr 21, 2017
I don’t think it’s necessarily the psu, could still be gpu, motherboard or even RAM. Does your system have integrated graphics? If yes then remove the gpu and see if integrated graphics works.
UPDATE. I have switched out and tested a power supply and a motherboard. Turns out it was the motherboard.

Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
Solution