[SOLVED] PC having trouble booting into windows and accessing files (randomly go not responding)

Feb 13, 2021
Ok so basically, the other day I got a new HDD and SSD for my birthday. I put them into my computer (the power cables barely reached, but it still worked). Following this, I booted up my PC, and noticed that accessing certain files was incredibly slow, and some applications kept crashing, steam etc. The next day, I used some SATA power extender leads to make it so all of my drives were in the correct places and with another wire slack that there should not be any issues. However, when I booted up my PC, it did not boot into windows, rather giving me the error message reboot and select proper boot device. I then went to do a fresh windows install, thinking that maybe my C drive had just been damaged. All it had on it was windows, so I was not really that bothered. So, I installed windows, and booted up into windows. However, from this, I experienced the same slow file access speed issues as before. So, I restarted my PC. Then, I got the same error message as before, even though this time windows was installed. I changed the order that the bios accesses drives to prioritise the new boot drive, but still, it was behaving as though windows was not on any drive. So, I reinstalled windows for a second time. Currently, I am using the PC, but the same incredibly slow access times coupled with random app crashes is happening, and it is basically unusable in this state. Anyone have any ideas? I'm willing to do anything at this point.
UserBenchmarks: Game 74%, Desk 85%, Work 71%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 79.3%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 - 89.1%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 124%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 125.5%
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 C15 4x4GB - 73.3%
MBD: MSI B350 PC MATE(MS-7A34)
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39782498

Solution
Ok so basically, the other day I got a new HDD and SSD for my birthday. I put them into my computer (the power cables barely reached, but it still worked). Following this, I booted up my PC, and noticed that accessing certain files was incredibly slow, and some applications kept crashing, steam etc. The next day, I used some SATA power extender leads to make it so all of my drives were in the correct places and with another wire slack that there should not be any issues. However, when I booted up my PC, it did not boot into windows, rather giving me the error message reboot and select proper boot device. I then went to do a fresh windows install, thinking that maybe my C drive had just been damaged. All it had on it was windows, so...
Ok so basically, the other day I got a new HDD and SSD for my birthday. I put them into my computer (the power cables barely reached, but it still worked). Following this, I booted up my PC, and noticed that accessing certain files was incredibly slow, and some applications kept crashing, steam etc. The next day, I used some SATA power extender leads to make it so all of my drives were in the correct places and with another wire slack that there should not be any issues. However, when I booted up my PC, it did not boot into windows, rather giving me the error message reboot and select proper boot device. I then went to do a fresh windows install, thinking that maybe my C drive had just been damaged. All it had on it was windows, so I was not really that bothered. So, I installed windows, and booted up into windows. However, from this, I experienced the same slow file access speed issues as before. So, I restarted my PC. Then, I got the same error message as before, even though this time windows was installed. I changed the order that the bios accesses drives to prioritise the new boot drive, but still, it was behaving as though windows was not on any drive. So, I reinstalled windows for a second time. Currently, I am using the PC, but the same incredibly slow access times coupled with random app crashes is happening, and it is basically unusable in this state. Anyone have any ideas? I'm willing to do anything at this point.
UserBenchmarks: Game 74%, Desk 85%, Work 71%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 79.3%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 - 89.1%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 124%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 125.5%
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 C15 4x4GB - 73.3%
MBD: MSI B350 PC MATE(MS-7A34)
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39782498
Keep it simple.
Unplug the hdd.
Install windows on the ssd.
Install the latest bios from the mobo maker.....not beta.
Install the chipset driver from the mobo maker.
Test.

Your not helping the speed of the machine with that low speed ram you have.
Give some thought to upgrading to 2x8GB 3200.

Solution