PC HDR extremly bright and too strong colors.

Daniel_395

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Hello! I have a problem with HDR on windows 10. I just bought a samsung mu6200 hdr capable 4k tv and i tested it with battlefield 1 and ME andromeda on pc and i get too bright image and too strong colors. I tried different resolutions. Some of them shows the exact opposite of the mentioned problem, too washed image. I set all type of color range in nvidia control panel, 10 bit, 12 bit all the stuff but nothing changed. I set hdmi uhd color on the tv. The tv shows hdr signal is on when i get the bad image but in tv settings i can do nothing about it. I have a gtx 1070. I did not update windows 10 to creators update. What do you think why do i get so bright, unwatchable hdr? Sorry for my english!

Solution
I got the solution for battlefield 1 hdr only works if the game is set to 4096x2160 / 60p uhd color!!! And in nvidia control panel set the auto color settings and hdr works, TV shows 4k hdr. But now the problem is with ME andromeda. The game shows that it is in hdr in the ingame settings, but the TV doesnt show hdr and the image is washedout. No matter what color and resolution settings i set, the image stays washed out in hdr... If only someone could help. It must do something with that the tv only shows true 4k and hdr when it is set to 4096 resolution. Maybe andromeda doesnt support that in hdr, only 3840.... please someone help, it is a major problem today for hdr gamers.

Daniel_395

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

Sadly it has nothing to do with any setting. It is the hdr signal itself. It is like the colors are 5 times more strong than the maximum you can get by tv settings so reducing anything ends up like nothing changed. This is so strange and i read it on other forums but no answer yet. On my ps4 the hdr works without any problem.

Daniel_395

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I got the solution for battlefield 1 hdr only works if the game is set to 4096x2160 / 60p uhd color!!! And in nvidia control panel set the auto color settings and hdr works, TV shows 4k hdr. But now the problem is with ME andromeda. The game shows that it is in hdr in the ingame settings, but the TV doesnt show hdr and the image is washedout. No matter what color and resolution settings i set, the image stays washed out in hdr... If only someone could help. It must do something with that the tv only shows true 4k and hdr when it is set to 4096 resolution. Maybe andromeda doesnt support that in hdr, only 3840.... please someone help, it is a major problem today for hdr gamers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS