pc heating up with SETI

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.astro.seti (More info?)

Hi,
I cant believe I'm saying this but i have a PC that runs nice and cool until
i start seti@home on it. I've run seti on lots of other PCs and never seen
this before. The PC in question is an HP m270n (865 chipset, Northwood 2.8
Ghz HT w 1 gig PC2700 ram running XP Media Center Edition. I'm using Seti
Driver and have two CLI (version 3.08, i386-winnt-cmdline) copies running,
one per cpu thread. Temp rises fairly quickly by nearly 10 deg C when i
start SetiDriver. System is clean, no dust, and nearly new.

Anyone else seen this?
Any suggestions?
Why would the system heat up like that?
Thanks
Eric

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.astro.seti (More info?)

Eric <nospam@email.com> wrote:

Note that comp.sys.hp is obsolete since February 2, 1994, i.e. over
ten years! Not many sites carry it. So while cross-posting to it is not
too bad, setting a Followup-To: it is a really bad idea.