[SOLVED] pc heavily underperforming please help im gonna cry

Solution
I'm certain you've got a BIOS update pending.
I would not recommend installing a BIOS update. On Asus laptops, this can disable CPU voltage control. A BIOS update might end up making a laptop run worse, not better, with no easy way to go back to the previous version. Asus likes to hide older laptop BIOS versions from their website. He used to be able to play games smoothly so something not related to the BIOS has recently changed.

@imacrypleasehelp
Download ThrottleStop.

Post some screenshots of ThrottleStop including the FIVR, TPL and Limit Reasons windows. You can use imgur to host your screenshots. Turn on the Log File option on the main screen and...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to stop using Userbenchmark to tell you if your system is underperforming. Can you get into BIOS? If so, can you check to see what BIOS version you're on? From my digging, I'm certain you've got a BIOS update pending. As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? What version of Nvidia's driver are you on? If you're on one stick of ram, you should look into investing on a dual channel ram kit for your laptop.

I'm certain you've got a BIOS update pending.
I would not recommend installing a BIOS update. On Asus laptops, this can disable CPU voltage control. A BIOS update might end up making a laptop run worse, not better, with no easy way to go back to the previous version. Asus likes to hide older laptop BIOS versions from their website. He used to be able to play games smoothly so something not related to the BIOS has recently changed.

@imacrypleasehelp
Download ThrottleStop.

Post some screenshots of ThrottleStop including the FIVR, TPL and Limit Reasons windows. You can use imgur to host your screenshots. Turn on the Log File option on the main screen and go play a game for 10 or 15 minutes. Before you do this, open the Options window and check the Nvidia GPU box on the right side so your GPU temperatures and GPU MHz data will be included in the log file.

When done testing, exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. It will be in your ThrottleStop / Logs directory. Copy and paste the log file data to www.pastebin.com and then post a link here so I can have a look. If your computer is suddenly performing terribly, something should show up in the log file to explain why.

Solution
Mar 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to stop using Userbenchmark to tell you if your system is underperforming. Can you get into BIOS? If so, can you check to see what BIOS version you're on? From my digging, I'm certain you've got a BIOS update pending. As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? What version of Nvidia's driver are you on? If you're on one stick of ram, you should look into investing on a dual channel ram kit for your laptop.
hi, i tried updating my bios and nvdia drivers but i think they are already up to date.Also i have a windows 10 pro.I would love to buy more ram but i dont have the money to do so.

Mar 2, 2022

@imacrypleasehelp
Download ThrottleStop.

Post some screenshots of ThrottleStop including the FIVR, TPL and Limit Reasons windows. You can use imgur to host your screenshots. Turn on the Log File option on the main screen and go play a game for 10 or 15 minutes. Before you do this, open the Options window and check the Nvidia GPU box on the right side so your GPU temperatures and GPU MHz data will be included in the log file.

When done testing, exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. It will be in your ThrottleStop / Logs directory. Copy and paste the log file data to www.pastebin.com and then post a link here so I can have a look. If your computer is suddenly performing terribly, something should show up in the log file to explain why.
i downloaded and tried to test it and after the test i went to the logs as you said but i only have a text file and it doesnt include FIVR TPL or limit reasons

Mar 2, 2022
WX3A1AA.png

Updating the BIOS has locked out CPU voltage control. When this feature is not locked, reducing the voltage can help reduce your CPU temperature and improve performance.

What does ThrottleStop report for C0% when your computer is idle at the desktop with only ThrottleStop open?

V3ByHf2.png

Somewhere around 0.5% in the C0 state when idle is normal for a mobile 4 core CPU. If you see a high C0% number when idle, open the Task Manager, go to the Details tab and see if there is anything in that list that does not need to be running all of the time. Click on the CPU heading in the Task Manager to organize the running tasks by CPU Usage.

Also check the C States window when idle. Are cores spending 99% of their time in the low power C7 state? I think there is so much stuff running in the background that you will not be anywhere close to that number.

Kj8KjNk.png

The log file shows that when your CPU tries to run faster, it quickly overheats and starts thermal throttling. Have you ever opened your laptop up to clean it out? Replacing the thermal paste is another good idea. The main screen of ThrottleStop shows PROCHOT 92°C. The Intel specified thermal throttling temperature for a 9300H is 100°C. Asus has low balled this so full thermal throttling starts at only 92°C. This decision reduces maximum performance and can lead to random crashes. In the ThrottleStop Options window, if you do not see a lock icon near the PROCHOT Offset setting, you can reduce PROCHOT Offset from 8 to 3. The Intel default for this setting is 0. Asus usually locks this setting so you will be stuck with the 92°C throttling temperature.

Try checking the High Performance box in ThrottleStop to switch to the Windows High Performance power plan. This might help increase CPU performance. When finished testing you can switch back to the Balanced power plan if this does not help.

Check the Speed Shift box in the TPL window.

Looking through the log file it appears that the BIOS update might have also updated the GPU BIOS. It appears the Nvidia GPU is throttling based on an absurdly low temperature limit of 68°C. Try running GPU-Z. That program can report what the GPU throttling temperature is set to. If the GPU temperature limit has not been set too low then it could be a Nvidia GPU power limit that has been set too low. There is no easy way to fix these issues unless you can find an older BIOS version, install it, and prevent Windows from auto updating it.

now i get 10-15 fps
An auto update is likely the main cause of your laptop being unusable for gaming now.

Try running the TS Bench test. A 960M test should be able to complete without crashing and with 0 Errors being reported. This test will show an elapsed time at the top if it completes with no errors detected.