[SOLVED] PC Help Needed

Aug 3, 2020
I built a PC rig recently for about $1000 and started noticing some issues. Im getting about 100 fps in games my pc should be eating for lunch. I have spent the past two days looking up ways to fix this on several forums. I have gone in BIOS and played with multiple settings. I've gone into Kombustor and it says I am getting 200 fps but I am not getting that in game. I have deleted my drivers and done a clean install. I have played with power management settings. I've watched hours of videos of optimizing my CPU and GPU. In each scenario I have ended back at square one. I know I shouldn't complain since it is 100 fps but I paid a hefty amount for this and I want to enjoy my pcs full potential.

Here is my UserBenchmark Link:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31363246

I have even tried overclocking it and nothing has changed. When I play with my settings in game they don't even go up by 10. The difference between MAX settings FPS and Lowest settings FPS isn't even noticeable. I am losing my hair over this and this is my first time building a pc so I will not go onto some sketch website to download a said "quick fix". Every driver I have is up to date and playing with my XMP in BIOS doesn't change a thing either. Please for everything holy HELP ME.

My Specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GeForce RTX 2060
G Skill Ripjaws RAM (2x8)
Samsung SSD 1TB
EVGA Bronze 650 W power supply

(Sorry if the parts names aren't too specific)

It seems as if every time I run userbenchmark one part does good and the others do not. My SSD was performing the best at one point and now it's doing bad

Last edited:
Solution
According to WHAT utilty?

You shouldn't NEED to make any adjustments to the GPU voltage. It should be automatically set by default and by driver.

Have you used the DDU, specifically, to do a clean install of the graphics drivers? Just choosing the clean install option on the Nvidia driver package is not good enough in some cases. AND, if you've had a different card installed previously, like an AMD card before and an Nvidia card now, you might need to run it twice, once for each type of card. But generally if you just run it for the Nvidia option, in safe mode, and then install the latest Nvidia drivers afterwards that should take care of it IF it is a driver issue...
Userbenchmark is a joke.

What is your motherboard model?

What motherboard BIOS version is your board currently running?

What is the ACTUAL model number of your power supply? EVGA makes like three billion different 650w bronze units. (Yes, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. LOL)

Before knowing the answers to any of that I'm going to just say right off the bat that the lack of higher FPS is almost certainly a result of the CPU.

Try lowering your game settings to low and see if your FPS increases or not.

Aug 3, 2020
Lowest set
Userbenchmark is a joke.

What is your motherboard model?

What motherboard BIOS version is your board currently running?

What is the ACTUAL model number of your power supply? EVGA makes like three billion different 650w bronze units. (Yes, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. LOL)

Before knowing the answers to any of that I'm going to just say right off the bat that the lack of higher FPS is almost certainly a result of the CPU.

Try lowering your game settings to low and see if your FPS increases or not.
My mb model is ASRock B450 Steel Legend.
My power supply is EVGA Bronze BQ 650 Watt
My BIOS Version I believe is ASRock B450 Steel Legend p3.20

Do you have any ideas on what I can do to help out my CPU?

I have tried lowering my graphics in several games such as R6 and D2 but it's a 1 to 2 frame difference

Last edited:
My mb model is ASRock B450 Steel Legend.
My power supply is EVGA Bronze BQ 650 Watt
My BIOS Version I believe is ASRock B450 Steel Legend p3.20

Do you have any ideas on what I can do to help out my CPU?
I hope you are not running version 3.2, because the ASRock BIOS update page specifically states

*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU is being used on your system.
*Before updating this BIOS, please also read the description in previous BIOS version.

Your Ryzen 5 2600 is a Pinnacle ridge CPU, and you should not be running any BIOS version newer than 2.63B. I would flash BIOS version 2.63B and see if that corrects your problems.

Or, better yet, would be to upgrade to the Ryzen 3600 which GREATLY outperforms your current CPU, runs about 160 bucks currently and IS compatible with the BIOS version you currently have installed on your motherboard, and in fact, your motherboard as well.

Aug 3, 2020
I hope you are not running version 3.2, because the ASRock BIOS update page specifically states

Your Ryzen 5 2600 is a Pinnacle ridge CPU, and you should not be running any BIOS version newer than 2.63B. I would flash BIOS version 2.63B and see if that corrects your problems.

Or, better yet, would be to upgrade to the Ryzen 3600 which GREATLY outperforms your current CPU, runs about 160 bucks currently and IS compatible with the BIOS version you currently have installed on your motherboard, and in fact, your motherboard as well.
I installed the 2.63B BIOS version and nothing changed :(

I am at a loss for what to do now and it seemed this would be my solution

Last edited:
After flashing the 2.63 BIOS version did you THEN reset the BIOS to the default settings as follows:

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.

Aug 3, 2020
After flashing the 2.63 BIOS version did you THEN reset the BIOS to the default settings as follows:

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.
No Dice. There has to be something holding my computer back because no matter how much I change the graphics settings, it looks the same and the fps stays the same. Am I completely overlooking something?

On the issue of FPS, my gut instinct would be that the 2600 is simply not good enough, and that seems to hold true for a lot of similar threads because it's simply not that capable of a CPU for high FPS gaming. For 60FPS gaming it's fine. For games that HEAVILY make use of optimized multithreaded processing, it probably does a lot better than for games that use only one or two cores, because it has a rather weak IPC and single core performance that is on par with much older 3rd Gen Intel platforms like the 3770k.

WHICH DIMM slots are your memory modules installed in, exactly?

Aug 3, 2020
On the issue of FPS, my gut instinct would be that the 2600 is simply not good enough, and that seems to hold true for a lot of similar threads because it's simply not that capable of a CPU for high FPS gaming. For 60FPS gaming it's fine. For games that HEAVILY make use of optimized multithreaded processing, it probably does a lot better than for games that use only one or two cores, because it has a rather weak IPC and single core performance that is on par with much older 3rd Gen Intel platforms like the 3770k.

WHICH DIMM slots are your memory modules installed in, exactly?
A2 and B2

My pc wouldn't turn on when they were in the other slots

I know my CPU isn't the best option out of all of them but I have a couple friends who are getting double my fps with the same CPU and I even have the better GPU as well

I checked temps while playing a game to see if any bottlenecking was going on and both CPU and GPU were at 50 C

Could I have a faulty part on my hands?

Screw it I think I have to accept the fact I paid $1000 for a light up PS4 pro

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020
A2 and B2

My pc wouldn't turn on when they were in the other slots

I know my CPU isn't the best option out of all of them but I have a couple friends who are getting double my fps with the same CPU and I even have the better GPU as well

I checked temps while playing a game to see if any bottlenecking was going on and both CPU and GPU were at 50 C

Could I have a faulty part on my hands?

Screw it I think I have to accept the fact I paid $1000 for a light up PS4 pro
Ok so I did a little research throughout my pc and found out my gpu voltage was only .7???????????

I do not see anywhere to increase this voltage in my BIOS

According to WHAT utilty?

You shouldn't NEED to make any adjustments to the GPU voltage. It should be automatically set by default and by driver.

Have you used the DDU, specifically, to do a clean install of the graphics drivers? Just choosing the clean install option on the Nvidia driver package is not good enough in some cases. AND, if you've had a different card installed previously, like an AMD card before and an Nvidia card now, you might need to run it twice, once for each type of card. But generally if you just run it for the Nvidia option, in safe mode, and then install the latest Nvidia drivers afterwards that should take care of it IF it is a driver issue.

Solution