Question PC help (power supply)

Apr 19, 2019
Hello i had my pc for about a year and recently it didnt want to turn on. I flip the on&off switch on the psu and the keyboard and mobo lights flicker for half a second and it shows no life. I tried the paperclip test and it started the psu on and i put it back into my pc and pc started working like normal again. After two days it doesnt turn on again. Paperclip test for the 2nd time turns on but once back in pc no power. I shut down my pc normally every night, could it be the motherboard? I just rebuilt my pc from every part and still nothing

loumays41

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
I feel for you there it could be the motherboard but im not 100% my pc has gone into the blue screen of death twice even with a new wd ssd 120mb hard drive installed and just keeps working hasn't done that in a while. Have you tried plugging in a different power supply cord just to see if it will turn on?

Apr 19, 2019
I feel for you there it could be the motherboard but im not 100% my pc has gone into the blue screen of death twice even with a new wd ssd 120mb hard drive installed and just keeps working hasn't done that in a while. Have you tried plugging in a different power supply cord just to see if it will turn on?
I do not have one but im currently getting corsair to replace my psu since its still under warranty i hope its not the mobo because thats a 150$ cost haha