[SOLVED] PC Help

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Could i buy this pc and when it arrives take out the motherboard and put it in a different case and add my gpu and have it working? My motherboard has broken and it was a motherboard for an amd athlon cpu and this one is better so thats why im wondering

Last edited:
Expect to need to move the power supply with that motherboard. A premade system from a system integrator usually has a proprietary power supply. In other words, your current power supply probably doesn't have the necessary connectors to provide the new motherboard of power. That also brings a new question, if the power supply delivers a high enough wattage for your new system + your graphics card.

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Expect to need to move the power supply with that motherboard. A premade system from a system integrator usually has a proprietary power supply. In other words, your current power supply probably doesn't have the necessary connectors to provide the new motherboard of power. That also brings a new question, if the power supply delivers a high enough wattage for your new system + your graphics card.
I have a 480 watt power supply in my other computer case i just want to buy the pc so i can use the motherboard and cpu. Will that handle it or do i need to use the power supply it will come with because of the connectors. And could i just move my gpu and hard drive into the pc listed here and have it working?

I can't say yet. What exact power supply do you have right now? I can see that the Dell system needs a 4 pin CPU power connector, something I'm almost sure your power supply will lack. That being said, the power supply in the Dell system is high likely 250 watts. I don't think it's smart to have a CPU and a graphics card on that 250 watts. It may be possible, but I would really advise against that.

In other words, no, buying this computer probably won't work in your situation. Try to stay away from pre-built systems from companies like Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. The parts in pre-builts are usually incompatible with self-built systems and have the bare minimum for that system to work.

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
name and model of old motherboard since dell use prorpietary connector from borad and psu so a regular atx one might not work at all .
I just know that the one i have thats broken is a foxconn and when i plug it into the motherboard it has 4 pins extra if that means anything. I was hoping to be able to put my gpu and add another 4 gb stick of ram to the system and we ready to game either in that case or a different case with a 480 watt power supply.

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I can't say yet. What exact power supply do you have right now? I can see that the Dell system needs a 4 pin CPU power connector, something I'm almost sure your power supply will lack. That being said, the power supply in the Dell system is high likely 250 watts. I don't think it's smart to have a CPU and a graphics card on that 250 watts. It may be possible, but I would really advise against that.

In other words, no, buying this computer probably won't work in your situation. Try to stay away from pre-built systems from companies like Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. The parts in pre-builts are usually incompatible with self-built systems and have the bare minimum for that system to work.
I also use to have a 250 watts but was still able to have my gpu and cpu there with 8gb of ram. Although that cpu isnt as good as this one

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
you have then name and model of old dell system .
I dont have the full exact model of my motherboard atm as im not home but i have a 4 pin connector on it and the normal power supply connector. im going to buy the pc and use a different power supply and add 4 gb of ram and a new gpu and see if that works if not then ill have to use the power supply it came with.