[SOLVED] pc hot

Jun 12, 2021
i have a ryzen 5 3600 and a rx 570

when i play almost any game my cpu and gpu temps will regularly get above 90 C, and my cpu will stay around the 80's when im not doing anything
is this bad? anything i could do to have cooler temps? it also makes my room hotter

Solution

when i play almost any game my cpu and gpu temps will regularly get above 90 C, and my cpu will stay around the 80's when im not doing anything
is this bad? anything i could do to have cooler temps? it also makes my room hotter

To expand a bit, if you have an AIO check whether the pump is on. Properly mounted AIO but with no pump behaves similarly to poor mounted air coolers; high idle temps and a quick jump in temps that doesn't stabilize in seconds.

RX 570s won't run at 90C normally, usually they run at 83-85C during heavy gaming since the GPU manages itself to offer maximum performance given the cooling capacity, i.e. manages its fans and clockspeed to maintain temps under 85C.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

To expand a bit, if you have an AIO check whether the pump is on. Properly mounted AIO but with no pump behaves similarly to poor mounted air coolers; high idle temps and a quick jump in temps that doesn't stabilize in seconds.

RX 570s won't run at 90C normally, usually they run at 83-85C during heavy gaming since the GPU manages itself to offer maximum performance given the cooling capacity, i.e. manages its fans and clockspeed to maintain temps under 85C.

Solution