[SOLVED] PC in loop restart after new GPU install. 2nd RAM slot doesnt work anymore

Aug 20, 2021
Specs :
motherboard - fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-itx
cpu - ryzen 7 1800x
gpu - Asus gtx1080 > gtx 260
ram - Ripjaws V Series 2x8GB DDR4 3200

So the computer is working fine previously using a RX480 gpu. I upgraded to the gtx1080 and did a fresh install but the monitor wasnt showing. I messed around with it more by resetting the cmos and upgrading the bios but nothing was getting the monitor to work. I switched to a gtx 260 that was working fine for a bit but then it started restarting the comp in a cycle. If I run stick 1 in slot 1, everything works fine. If I run stick 1 in slot 2, the comp does cycle restart. If I run stick 2 in any slot, it also does a cycle restart. I did a windows diagnostic on the stick 1 and everything is normal. Any ideas on whats wrong? Thanks

Solution
I havent done the ram test using the rx480 yet since im using it on a working computer. But after the looping restart started happening, I switched the rx480 in (didnt try with 1 stick yet) and it was still loop restarting . I ran memtest86 using gtx260 and ram stick 1 in slot 1 and there was no errors
Did you tried it on other pc? to make sure that each stick is fine.
Aug 20, 2021
if you use the ram testing method you did using your rx 480 what's the result?
I havent done the ram test using the rx480 yet since im using it on a working computer. But after the looping restart started happening, I switched the rx480 in (didnt try with 1 stick yet) and it was still loop restarting . I ran memtest86 using gtx260 and ram stick 1 in slot 1 and there was no errors

Did you tried it on other pc? to make sure that each stick is fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS