• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question PC incompatible

reddenlam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
Okay, so I'm having some trouble with my pc atm where my pc shuts down immediately as soon as I turn on. I suspect that its the RAM. However, I've gone many trips trying to buy parts and replacing them to have my pc running. I was wondering if you can check if there are any issues with my build

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/pB27x6

Before that problem, my PC was stuck on the windows loading screen so I also suspect that it involves with my RAM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Redden

DSzymborski

Champion
I realized what you mean by your question and no it was not ready out of the box. Before that CPU, I had the Ryzen 5 2600
Yup, that's specifically why I asked the question! The motherboard requires a BIOS version of at least P3.20 to run that CPU. The motherboard is still being sold, but newer releases come with the Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready label, meaning those motherboards were given a BIOS version sufficient to be able to run with those CPUs. When a motherboard being sold gets a BIOS update, they don't just take the remaining ones off the shelf and update the BIOS and put them back!

So the next question would be whether you updated the BIOS with the 2600 (assuming you had the 2600 installed on this motherboard) before installing the 3600X?

Reactions: reddenlam

reddenlam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
What about with the old RAM?
I was able to get out of the windows loading screen. It took about 15-20 minutes to boot up but this duration also applies with me shutting down/restarting. Also my cursor seems to be flickering a lot.

Edit: As I was restarting, after 10 minutes BSOD appeared.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS