Question PC incompatible

reddenlam

Honorable
Jun 21, 2018
Okay, so I'm having some trouble with my pc atm where my pc shuts down immediately as soon as I turn on. I suspect that its the RAM. However, I've gone many trips trying to buy parts and replacing them to have my pc running. I was wondering if you can check if there are any issues with my build

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/pB27x6

Before that problem, my PC was stuck on the windows loading screen so I also suspect that it involves with my RAM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Redden

reddenlam

Honorable
Jun 21, 2018
Did this motherboard include the Ryzen 3000 Ready on the box?
In the site manual, CPU Support List, it says that the Ryzen 3600X is compatible.
unknown.png

DSzymborski

Titan
I realized what you mean by your question and no it was not ready out of the box. Before that CPU, I had the Ryzen 5 2600

Yup, that's specifically why I asked the question! The motherboard requires a BIOS version of at least P3.20 to run that CPU. The motherboard is still being sold, but newer releases come with the Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready label, meaning those motherboards were given a BIOS version sufficient to be able to run with those CPUs. When a motherboard being sold gets a BIOS update, they don't just take the remaining ones off the shelf and update the BIOS and put them back!

So the next question would be whether you updated the BIOS with the 2600 (assuming you had the 2600 installed on this motherboard) before installing the 3600X?

Reactions: reddenlam